Guardians of the Galaxy

spawn622

Jeezuz tap dancing Christ it's actually happening and it will be amazing...

11ee21dd577be5d0729c3c81565a3089.jpg

From Marvel, the studio that brought you the global blockbuster franchises of Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and The Avengers, comes a new team — the Guardians of the Galaxy. An action-packed, epic space adventure, Marvel's "Guardians of the Galaxy" expands the Marvel Cinematic Universe into the cosmos, where brash adventurer Peter Quill finds himself the object of an unrelenting bounty hunt after stealing a mysterious orb coveted by Ronan, a powerful villain with ambitions that threaten the entire universe. To evade the ever-persistent Ronan, Quill is forced into an uneasy truce with a quartet of disparate misfits — Rocket, a gun-toting raccoon, Groot, a tree-like humanoid, the deadly and enigmatic Gamora and the revenge-driven Drax the Destroyer. But when Peter discovers the true power of the orb and the menace it poses to the cosmos, he must do his best to rally his ragtag rivals for a last, desperate stand — with the galaxy's fate in the blanace. Marvel's "Guardians of the Galaxy" is presented by Marvel Studios. The film releases August 1, 2014, and is distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

A talking tree, Thanos' daughter, a human, and a talking raccoon. Those things in one sentence, let alone a film, sound ridiculous as all hell. In this case though they combine to create the best Marvel film to date. That's right folks, this film is everything a Guardians fan could want. Hell it's everything a comic fan could want in a film. Everything works so well here it should be criminal. The comedy is paced perfectly. The action is jaw dropping. The actors are all on their A-game and if you don't walk out of the film happy, then you just don't enjoy amazing films. It will be tough to top this one. I've been reading Guardians comics (Literally all of them) since I was 6 and feared that my hopes were way too high. Take it from me, THIS one isn't to be missed. It is perfect. I have zero complaints.

Also, if you do go see it, stick through the credits for one of the most ridiculous after credits scenes you will ever see. Go see it people, just go see it.

I'm imhumanly hard to please, and I LOVED this movie. Loved. Almost every single bit. SO GOOD. 

I highly recommend seeing it in theatres too, it's worth the money.

My only gripe was the bad guy was kind of weaksauce, but eh! It's more about character development than the baddie in this one.

I saw it also on Sunday, in 3D, and every second of the movie I seriously LOVED.  Fan-fucking-tastic soundtrack as well (I was dancing in my seat when they were playing Cherry Bomb!). 

Can't wait for a sequel. 

10/10.  Would watch again.

I saw it also on Sunday, in 3D, and every second of the movie I seriously LOVED.  Fan-fucking-tastic soundtrack as well (I was dancing in my seat when they were playing Cherry Bomb!). 

Can't wait for a sequel. 

10/10.  Would watch again.

Completely agree, saw it last weekend, it was AWESOME!

Archived