Fable Anniversary Release Dates Announced

Siren

Lionhead Studios announced that Fable Anniversary; the HD remastered audio and graphic rendition of the original Fable that started it all has been given an official release date.

Fable Anniversary will be available on the Xbox 360 for $39.99 beginning on February 4th, 2014 in North America, February 6th, 2014 in Asia, and February 7th, 2014 in Europe.

Lionhead has also announced that there will be limited edition "first copies" of Fable Anniversary available that will include a code for launch day weapons and outfits. The limited edition copies will also include a 10th Anniversary Lion's Head Avatar Helmet.

Posted Image

Many questions have been asked regarding the release of Fable Anniversary and if it will ever be released on the Xbox One. According to Lionhead, Fable Anniversary will not be receiving an Xbox One release and they do not have any plans to release it on the console in the future.

Reliving 2004's original Fable, players take on the role of a young hero whose entire family was killed on his sister's birthday. The hero later meets up Jack of Blades , a legendary hero who is the head of arena battles.

Fable was an overall successful game and has won over 50 awards and became Xbox's fastest selling game during that time by selling 375,000 copies during the first week of sales in North America and 600,000 during it's first month in North America. By 2006, Fable had sold more 2 million units.

via Lionhead Blog

Click here to view the article

I never played the first one either, but I watched Jason play it and it is amazing.  I am extremely disappointed that it won't be on the Xbox One and I hope that is something that Lionhead can remedy in the future (even though they said no) after Fable Legends releases as well.  I think they will be missing some sales because of that.  I know I want to play it on my Xbox One!