DICE Responds to Xbox One Battlefield 4 Users About Much Needed Patch

Siren

DICE has released a statement regarding several problems with the Xbox One version of Battlefield 4 and admits that they are not "proud" of the issues that many are experiencing.

DICE's studio manager Karl Magnus Troedsson released a statement telling Xbox One users that they are committed to fixing the ongoing problems.

"At DICE, we are committed to you, the fans, and view the game as a live service. I am extremely proud of the people at DICE and everyone across EA that contributed to the development of Battlefield 4. However, I am less proud to see that the game has experienced some turbulence during the launch period. While some platforms have had only minor problems, others have had more than their fair share of issues.

Resolving the launch issues is our #1 priority. In fact, we are so serious that we have the entire team working to stabilize the game and we will not move on to other projects until we are sure that Battlefield 4 meets – and exceeds – your expectations. It is the right thing to do."

Troedsson did not mention when the patch will be released, however did state DICE is holding a double XP week for Battlefield 4 users beginning on November 28th and lasting until December 5th. On December 5th, Battlefield 4 users who log in to the game will be receive the M1911 pistol scope which was previously only for DICE developers. The scope features a 3x zoom.

The Xbox One version is not the only version to be experiencing multiple problems. DICE released a patch for the PS4 earlier today that fixes crashing, bugs, and corrupted single player save files. DICE also has an Xbox 360 patch that will be released soon and DICE acknowledged that they are going to begin working on a patch for the PC as well.

via Videogamer

Click here to view the article

The multiplayer is almost unplayable for Jason and I on the xbox one since we picked it up.  We can barely get a round in and it crashes and kicks us back to the dashboard.  Well that's if we can join a game anyway.  I've been playing Commander mode on my tablet in the meantime until a patch gets released.  

• 1 month later...

I can now respond to this since they released the Xbox One patch.  It seems to be stable for the most part now.  I still have the occasional issue when trying to join Conquest where I ended up in a different mode.  The Server Browser goes down sometimes, but not too often so it makes it difficult to play Premium.  But, since the patch the game is more enjoyable.

• 2 weeks later...