Help me decide.

green grenades

Christmas/Birthday is coming up, and I've always wanted a Wii however I always wanted a 3ds also. Not really sure why, I guess because I haven't played a nintendo game since the 64 and I miss it. So my question is what should I get, I would love to have a Wii so me my girlfriend and the kid can play it together, but then again I wouldn't mind a handheld so if I get bored I can fire it up real quick and play. Should I just get a wii? I was looking at the 3ds or the playstation equivalent. What do you guys think?

I have both the Vita and the 3DS. 

Best "bang for your buck" right now I would say would be the 3DS for a few reasons.

• Backwards compatibility with regular DS games
  • Extremely large selection of games at the moment
  • 3D is pretty cool, and can be turned off at your leisure.  Some games I use it, some I don't.
  • I like the "StreetPass" features, but unfortunately I haven't gotten much use out of it.
  • Clamshell design helps keep the screen safe when in transit

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my Vita.  It is a seriously kick ass piece of hardward with a GORGEOUS screen.  I personally prefer the original system to the newer "slim" design (the OLED screen is in my opinion noticeably nicer than the LCD one they slapped in).  It has some great games also at the moment but honestly the library is struggling.  If you were definitely getting a PS4 I would say pick up the Vita hands down due to the remote share capabilities and such.

Do not purchase a Wii at this time.  I haven't used mine in years.  Just my two cents.

If you have other questions let me know.

I think they just intro'd a ds xl without 3D

They did, but the problem is #1) there isn't a clamshell design and #2) it looks like a friggin' axe blade.  How are you supposed to fit it in your pocket or whatever?

*edit*  No XL version of it yet either AFAIK

original.png

I love my 3DS so, so, so much. I sing it to sleep every night and pet it gently, and hiss when people approach it.

I love this comment cause its exactly how I feel! The 3DS is the best handheld I have ever had!

I agree with Chris on everything he said about the 3DS. Clamshell design is where it is at! It may not have the best graphics but it has the best game library by far. I take mine everywhere with me and not sure what I would do without it. I also agree if you going to do it, do it right. Get the 3DS XL. I have one and when I put it next to my friend's regular 3DS she cries lol.

As far as Wii or Wii U vs 3DS. In my experience I say you will like the Wii U at first but all too soon it will be collecting dust. It is fun for a couple nights lol. I bought the original Wii when it came out for the same reason you are thinking about getting Wii U. We played together a little bit but after the mystique wore off it never got used again. 3DS has been so fun that I bought my daughter one and now we play games together on that.

Archived