XCOM - Enemy Within

vectordream

Ok I can't help it anymore! I can't wait for this game. Love strategy games and XCOM Enemy Unknown was just awesome! Check out this article about some of the new features of the expansion.

My favorite being medals. You will now have complete control with awarding medals to troops as they come back from missions. The cool part is you get to name it and decide what benefits it will bestow upon the soldier receiving it.

Makes me want to replay the first game one more time before this xpac comes out.

Article:

http://www.polygon.com/2013/10/23/4867186/making-heroics-matter-making-death-sadder-in-xcom-enemy-within

Also chiming in to say that I'm really stoked for the game.  From what I heard they are actually adding base attacks to this as well which is great (enemies that attack your base)

Yeah I read that too! So awesome. This xpac is going to be awesome.

@DUBL DUECE It is also one of the few games I am looking forward to for the rest of the year on PS3/Xbox. I was somewhat interested in Watch Dogs but it got delayed. Not really feeling the yearly release of Battlefield, COD, Batman,AC4 and others. AC4 pirates seems cool but only if I can get it 50% Black Friday special lol. I refuse to pay full price after my disappointment with AC3.

I almost passed on Pokemon for 3DS but my kid wanted it so I got the other version and it has turned out to be shockingly good. Yeah I like lots of types of games. One minute I am playing GTA V then the next I am playing Pokemon haha.

Yeah the only other game I will probably get is Diablo 3 after hearing it worked well on the Console. I am so gald they are adding back base attacks and hopefully you can build more than one base but we will see I kinda would like some more resource management especailly later in the game when you have researched everything. I am a hard core XCOM fan and I will say they did a good job with the reboot/remake.

Yeah the only other game I will probably get is Diablo 3 after hearing it worked well on the Console. I am so gald they are adding back base attacks and hopefully you can build more than one base but we will see I kinda would like some more resource management especailly later in the game when you have researched everything. I am a hard core XCOM fan and I will say they did a good job with the reboot/remake.

Diablo 3 is good on console! I picked it up awhile back for Xbox 360 and have not been disappointed. Fixing the loot really fixed the game. Building more than one base would be cool! Yeah big XCOM fan here as well! Nov. 12th cant come fast enough!

Agreed that Diablo worked well on console also.  Menus are a little wonky sometime but you get used to it.  I have it on PS3 currently.  Been leveling a Monk (since I did wizard on PC). 

Having multiples bases in XCom would be cool too.  I like the little minigame styled thing that you have to figure out which country the "bad human" dudes are coming from and if you guess wrong it messes with all the council stuff.

So I went out and looked at some more trailers and previews looks even better now will probably pre-order it.

Pre-order now!! :)

it is going to be $39.99 on console and only $29.99 on PC. It is being sold as a stand alone game on both platforms I think.

• 3 weeks later...

I really want to pick it up but I think I'm going to wait to see if it goes on Steam sale first.  I have so much other stuff going on right now anyways!  Glad you both like it!

Late reply here. I can totally understand waiting. I really like the game and don't regret getting it one bit but you are playing the exact same campaign as the original game with all the new stuff added in that throws some twists at you. It is quite a bit of stuff though.

Archived