Xbox One's Data Treasure Trove

vectordream

If you were on the fence this article might make you jump off lol. Here are some highlights:

"Xbox One can essentially work like TV that watches you, potentially bringing marketers a huge new trove of data about what's going on in living rooms, including, as one marketer put it after the speech, unprecedented information about how people engage with TV advertising."

"It could have a big impact on pricing," he said, given Xbox One's capacity for seeing whether people are paying attention or how their bodies respond to the ads, said the marketer"

Oh and my favorite:

"The new generation of Kinect technology in Xbox One can distinguish up to six voices in a room, respond to voice commands, read skeletal movement, muscle force, whether people are looking at or away from the TV and even their heart rates, Mr. Mehdi said. The latter happens as the camera detects slight changes in skin tone related to dilation of a blood vessel in the eyeball that responds to heart rate, Mr. Mehdi said."

Link - 

http://adage.com/article/special-report-ana-annual-meeting-2013/xbox-reshape-marketing/244605/

This is probably a dead horse but we already knew that these companies were selling our data to the government or whoever but this thing comes sold with a camera capable of reading biometrics that unsuspecting people will hook up and use not knowing their data is being collected for advertising and who knows what else. 

MS: "We do not collect information to share or sell"

But why even collect that much data in the first place???

Toyota ad plays

Gamer is offered a chance at a limited, exclusive achievement which can unlock avatar gear

Gamer stands up and jumps at the end of the advertisement and receives achievement.

===

McDonalds ad plays

Gamer is notified this is a participation advertisement with achievements

Ad ends and gamer shouts "I'm loving it!"

*ba-doop* Achievement unlocked

It's coming.

Toyota ad plays

Gamer is offered a chance at a limited, exclusive achievement which can unlock avatar gear

Gamer stands up and jumps at the end of the advertisement and receives achievement.

===

McDonalds ad plays

Gamer is notified this is a participation advertisement with achievements

Ad ends and gamer shouts "I'm loving it!"

*ba-doop* Achievement unlocked

It's coming.

Hahahaha! So true. It is coming and you can count me out!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived