Eternal Darkness Spiritual Successor Shadow of the Eternals Delayed

Siren

For fans who were looking forward to the spiritual successor of one of the most underrated survival horror games of all time; Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem, I have some bad news for you. Shadow of the Eternals has been delayed and not just the usual few months out delay. It has been delayed indefinitely.

Posted Image

Shadow of the Eternals which was suppose to release on the Wii U and PC was officially given a partial heave-ho, as the studio behind the game announced that they are putting Shadow of the Eternals on hold.

Precursor Games' Denis Dyack explained that the move was necessary, because the team behind the game felt that it needed a "rest".

"Is the project dead? No, but we feel it needs a rest too. We have all agreed as a group that when and if the time is right we will get together and start it up again."

via IGN

Click here to view the article

I am hoping that someone bigger picks this up.  I am huge fan of Eternal Darkness and was anticipating this to come out.  In my opinion, no game has come to close to creating those effects in a single game that Eternal Darkness did.

• 3 weeks later...