Killzone: Shadow Fall File Save is a Massive 50GB

Siren

Those of you with slower connections be prepared for a long wait if you intend on purchasing and downloading Killzone: Shadow Fall for the Playstation 4. Fergal Gara from Sony UK spoke to Eurogamer and admitted that the file size for Killzone: Shadow Fall is 50GB.

Gara was asked how the Playstation Network has improved their download speed and responded by stating, "First of all, it is definitely going to grow as a means of consumption. And there are big innovations in the PS4 to make it more attractive and more easy gamer wise to want to download. The Play as you Download functionality, for example, means you don't need the whole file before you go. This is a little bit counterbalanced by the fact the files themselves are getting bloody big. Killzone: Shadow Fall is an uber file - I think it's cracking on for 50GB. It looks it, too, when you see it."

Posted Image

In a separate interview between Eurogamer and Killzone: Shadow Fall developer Guerrilla Games, it was announced that the game will run at 60 fps "a lot of the time". Lead designer Eric Boltjes explained why the multiplayer cannot run at 60 fps..

"The reason for that is tricky. Running 60 has become this Holy Grail. Suddenly people think if you run 60 your game is better. Technically, that's not really true. But what it does do is it makes decisions go from input to on-screen a lot easier. So, having a constant 60 is not actually better than having a 'lot of the time' 60. It sounds weird, but it's actually true. Because usually in the moments where we're going to drop framerate, either you're already dead or it's too late anyway".

Killzone: Shadow Fall is releasing November 15th alongside the PS4.

via Eurogamer

Click here to view the article

Saw this earlier. Looks cool.

I could get that downloaded eventually but with file sizes like that it does not help if these companies are pushing to go all digital. ISP's are starting to cap people. Mine has not yet but its coming.

Uncharted 3 was 40GB on PS+. I opted to get the game at a Target sale recently instead for $9.99 to save myself the time and have the benefit of it being a physical copy.

• 3 weeks later...

I think Max Payne 3 or Rage was the biggest download I've had on Steam.  30 or 40 GB .  Still, ISPs are full of complete crap because they have no competition in most places.  They cap because they want to charge an extra fee.  They're already making a killing.