The PC GTA V Thread

PeeKnuckle

I have little to no doubt that this game will come to PC. The demand is certainly there so it is just a question of when.

Looks like we may be getting micros transactions this time around :(

To me if there are micro transactions for online that is going take some of the fun out of it big time. I am not gonna be very happy if they do micro transactions. Going forward I am thinking most games are gonna have this crap. It turns me off, now anybody can just pay to win.

They made a great game and its going to make alot of money so this just looks like greed lol.

I just don't see the point of it all. In Online you can do heists, so I'm sure you can accumulate game money to pay for things. Maybe this is for the people who don't have the time to devote to that accumulation.

Lets hope. Mass Effect 3 online made is so hard to get weapons from the random packs that you earn which killed it early for me. I refused to buy their $3 packs. I would of played that online mode way longer if they had just made it more reasonable to earn things.

If this is true and If this spills into the single player I will be pissed lol. They did make it hard to earn money in the game so far. 10mil for some properties? I have been playing the stock market, doing all these heist missions and stuff and still don't have anything even close to that amount. I am at around 50% completion.

The problem with the heists is, you almost never get the full amount you thought you would. Something always seems happens, which of course carries the story forward, but there could have been other ways to carry it forward.

Also, for Michael to purchase all of the cinemas which only he can buy -- you'll need something like $60 million. Wut!? lol How many game hours would need to be played, not only to accrue enough to purchase them, but for those purchases to finally pay off and make a profit? That to me doesn't seem worth it. Unless I'm missing something like the funds being transferable to online play.

The problem with the heists is, you almost never get the full amount you thought you would. Something always seems happens, which of course carries the story forward, but there could have been other ways to carry it forward.

Also, for Michael to purchase all of the cinemas which only he can buy -- you'll need something like $60 million. Wut!? lol How many game hours would need to be played, not only to accrue enough to purchase them, but for those purchases to finally pay off and make a profit? That to me doesn't seem worth it. Unless I'm missing something like the funds being transferable to online play.

Yeah the heists don't give you a ton. So far I can tell there is no way I am going to have that kind of money from playing the single player game. Sounds to me like they are really going to do this. I think they are making a big mistake if they do micro transactions. Got us all entranced,sold tons of copies and then "Oh by the way, buy some money for your character so you can get the full experience." I HATE this trend in gaming.

Nothing has been confirmed but R* is one of those developers that you trust so it will feel like they pulled a fast one and dropped to the lowest of the low like EA. I am all riled up now lol. At least the single player experience so far has been a blast. We will see how this goes.

That doesn't really mean much, a lot of games have the Games for Windows branding but don't really have any connection to GFWL. As long as it doesn't say Live on the case(which at this point it would be stupid for them to do, since GFWL will cease to function next july, with AoE online and MS flight already being taken down.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Games_for_Windows_titles

Games for Windows LIVE. It's the worst frontend for video games ever.

My GTA IV still crashes to this very day when trying to load it in as the game boots up.

Also, it's supposed to be ending next July. If this is real, what happens July 2014?

http://www.polygon.com/2013/8/19/4637694/microsoft-games-for-windows-live-service-ending-july-2014

*edit* Pan got to it before me

Yeah, screw some GFWL. Too bad it didn't pan out, but they really screwed it up.  I did read something about micro transactions being thought of, but it isn't suppose to be implemented immediately.  Time will tell. As for the cinemas, I'm pretty sure it's setup so you work towards it. You can buy some of the smaller stuff and work your way up. They earn weekly just as you play, but I'm not sure. I haven' finished the game so I don't know what the end profit is.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived