Official GTA V Thread

green grenades

Figure that the cost to buy the Theatre I stumbled across was ten million dollars to buy.

$1.25 million is about $12 to purchase, so you would have to spend close to a HUNDRED DOLLARS in real money to buy it.  Shennanigans.

Exactly, if it is like that when it actually comes out I won't support it. This practice tends to push developers to make progression more difficult than intended in hopes that you buy the packs. Correct me if I am wrong but I really have not seen a case where this was implemented in a good way for the consumers.

I will play online and do what I can but if it leads me to a point where progression is impossible without buying the packs then I will just be happy with the awesome single player and when bored move on to the next game. Admittedly, I have been guilty of buying packs in other games like this but now it seems more and more games are trying to do this. It's like paying to not have to play the game cause the game is broken. I would rather save that money to experience other games or to buy worthwhile full expansions or DLC.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Figure that the cost to buy the Theatre I stumbled across was ten million dollars to buy.

$1.25 million is about $12 to purchase, so you would have to spend close to a HUNDRED DOLLARS in real money to buy it.  Shennanigans.

"A car that costs $1 million in the game's single-player mode can be bought for much less in Online - more like $150,000. Properties are also cheaper - the most expensive you can own is $400,000." -From Vec's link

Hopefully it won't impact me. I don't see myself joining random servers to play lock-on death matches and races. The online aspect for me is, playing in a private server with my friends. We've always found our own fun and now we have a larger map with different terrains to find that fun.

Yeah that sounds cool. I really don't want to play this online with a bunch of randoms. I hope we can all get some games going.

Some more details below from R* on how online will work.

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/62245/new-gta-online-details-how-youll-be-playing-plus-microtransactions-confirmed

Sounds like it will be fun no matter what. No paywall, and looks like most things unlock by doing more activities, not buying them. The heists will require someone to own the bigger safe house, but only one person. I'm sold, long as their are private games.

Hahaha just think of the golf course cost 150,000,000

never mind , i see that in fact it will have them which i find bullshit. that pretty much ruins a lot of things. there is the arguement that oh you don't have to buy them but it is still in my mind and makes it seem cheap. like i wouldn't have as much fun now since it has the micro transactions.

Anyone else try to sail to the edge of the world? It just kept going and going, then my blip completely disappeared from the map but I will still going or was it an illusion? I was waiting for it to end like the Truman Show movie haha. In the end I jumped ship and dove as deep as I could into the ocean only to end up in the hospital.

Archived