Blizzard Removing the Auction House From Diablo III Entirely

Kevnvek

Posted Image

"When we initially designed and implemented the auction houses, the driving goal was to provide a convenient and secure system for trades. But as we've mentioned on different occasions, it became increasingly clear that despite the benefits of the AH system and the fact that many players around the world use it, it ultimately undermines Diablo's core game play: kill monsters to get cool loot. With that in mind, we want to let everyone know that we've decided to remove the gold and real-money auction house system from Diablo III."

http://us.battle.net.../blog/10974978/

Click here to view the article

It seems that this will happen at the release of the new expansion, alongside an update called Loot 2.0 that will make loot drop a bit less, but be much better quality.  So you can just play the actual game, not the auction house meta nonsense.

This post has been promoted to an article

I read about this a bit ago. Seems their little experiment is a failure. Which we all knew. Too bad it already left a bad taste in my mouth.

Also, wasn't it always online because of the way they set the game up? As in your always playing through their servers even in single player?

I read this a bit ago as well. Pretty much right after I bought the console version. Its too little too late for the PC version in my opinion. The expansion will bring people back but I don't think its gonna release as fast as the first quarter of 2014 which I believe is when the AH closes down. They always take their sweet time so that xpac is gonna be awhile.

I cant believe I gave them another chance on the console version but it was given some love and is more enjoyable to me currently.