Montague's Mount

PeeKnuckle

Montague's Mount is a first-person rollercoaster ride through isolation, desolation and one man's tortured mind, set against the bleakness of an isolated Irish island. The player regains consciousness on a windswept beach, with no memory of the past. Exploration and puzzle solving are the keys to finding out what happened – and to escaping the island. Polypusher is a one-man studio based in Ireland; the game blends personal experience with realistic landscapes and makes extensive use of the Gaelic language throughout.

Montague’s Mount was first shown to the public at Rezzed! in June and an expanded version will be playable at the upcoming Eurogamer Expo show at London’s Earls Court on September 26-29, 2013.  For the first time, it will be playable on the Oculus Rift. Polypusher Studios’ Matt Clifton explains, “I first heard about the Oculus Rift during the early development of Montague’s Mount and it was immediately clear that this was perfect for my game, with its focus on exploration and suspense. I backed it at Kickstarter and have been working on integrating support ever since I got the dev kit. It opens up a whole new dimension for games like mine.”

To mark the upcoming release, a developer commentary video is now available. (as seen above)

Mastertronic’s Neil McKenna explains, “We all loved Montague’s Mount from the moment we first saw it. We loved the way that Matt has told a very adult horror story – there are no zombies here, but a chilling story that is all too real. We loved the gritty depiction of Irish rural life, so far removed from the popular image of that country. And most of all, we loved the passion that Matt had invested in the game. This was a game that he really needed to make. We have done certain things to polish it up, but we have never interfered with Matt’s original vision, as we could never have improved upon it. The new trailer showcases all that is great about the game.”

The new developer commentary trailer, a link to the Steam Greenlight page and much more information can be found at www.montaguesmount.com

Hit up their Greenlight page if you like what you see!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=146521424

Archived