The Past, Present, and Future of Borderlands 2 - Video

vectordream

Not sure why it is titled Borderlands 2 for this video since they really only talk about the 1st game's development and last minute shift in art style. Some of you may already know the whole story and have seen them talk about it before. They show what the game was originally going to look like and some gameplay. Fun to watch.

Borderlands 1 for me was and still is one of those special games that I will never forget. Borderlands 2 was good. More is always good but Borderlands 1 is still my fav.

http://www.gamespot.com/features/the-past-present-and-future-of-borderlands-2-6413009/?tag=Topslot%3bSlot4

I loved the second game too but I think for me the loot was better overall in B1, even in the first play through. The SMGs were better or more fun for sure in my opinion. I never felt overall that I found anything amazing. I have not started my second play through yet so there might be better stuff. I love elemental SMGs with high fire rates or stuff like glorious havoc machine guns.

Also, in B2 I am not a big fan of fighting some of the monsters that just jump all over the place. It is cool at first but then It gets tedious. I don't mind some of it but smarter humanoids are more fun to fight. This is all nick pick though.

I'm torn on the loot systems from both games.

BL1: I liked that you could find a great Hellfire (or any legendary) in a vending machine or Skag pile.

BL2: I liked that if I wanted a specific legendary, I could farm one enemy for it. In this example, the Hellfire from Scorch in Frostburn Canyon.

I remember watching the video from the German games conference showing how the game looked before they changed it to a cell shaded art style. Then I remembered all videos showing it, being removed from YouTube. lol It was pretty neat being able to see parts of it again. Wish the full version was still out there.

I still remember the Game Informer article I uploaded to the forum back around 2008 or 2009, and after actually seeing an old version of the game, I kind of wish they didn't go with the cell shading.  Though a bit low res in that early version, the graphics looked pretty cool.  Back then I even thought it was going to be true open world, as opposed to instanced/area based open world.

Archived