7 Days to Die

PeeKnuckle

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've set up a fast travel system on our server.  Go to your map and click on one of the triangles (sleeping bags) so that you see a circle around it.  Then put any items you have on your hotbar into your inventory, hit escape, then use the suicide option.  You will respawn at the location you chose.  I've gotten most of the major areas so far, and it was fun just to explore the game.  I haven't noticed any negative effects like weapon degradation from dying, just make sure nothing's on your hotbar or you'll lose those items.  Just be sure not to pick up the sleeping bags, and if you do, replace it (they are crafted with cloth easily gotten from curtains in houses if one is destroyed somehow).

Kev misses the point of the game - the whole "survival while travelling" thing. Use fast travel and I will relentlessly mock you.

Mock all you want.  If I'm not having fun in a game or enjoying my time to some extent, I don't see the point.  That's why I gave up on mining so fast last night.

I know you'll try to point out how I force myself to complete games that frustrate me, but I'm also OCD about completing my games if they're at least some kind of intersting.  A lot of times I'll start hating the gameplay but still want to see the rest of the story.

Plus, it's not particularly hard to cross the map, even at night.  I've crossed the map at night without any weapons a couple of times.  The only hard part is getting into a building when it's surrounded by zombies, or being inside somewhere, in an enclosed space.  So after the first couple times it's just boring.

I kind of feel like, if I've done something thousands of times in other games, I shouldn't have to do it all over again as much in more games.  Like walking everywhere.  I'd hope more games implement fast travel properly.  Or driving across the whole map.  Interesting at first, but a whole lot of nothing later on.

Plus, it's not particularly hard to cross the map, even at night.  I've crossed the map at night without any weapons a couple of times.  The only hard part is getting into a building when it's surrounded by zombies, or being inside somewhere, in an enclosed space.  So after the first couple times it's just boring.

To be fair, you came in after the server reset us to day 1. There's far less zombies and they're pretty tame. BE and I were into day 30+ and it was insane and terribly loud. haha

I tease, Kev. But still, I will relentlessly mock everyone!

And PK's right. The longer you play, the more zombies spawn and the nastier they get. When you have a train of about 70+ zombies running at the speed of light, you really don't want to go outside. I just think it's more fun to have to deal with zombie problems and worry about what time it is, and how much food / water you have.

Archived