Running

Kevnvek

That's awesome, Dubl.  I still haven't been doing any endurance runs in quite some time.  I still could if I paced myself, but I just haven't felt the urge to go much more than 2 or 3 miles at once on the track.

Although I did compete in the Scottish Highland Gathering and Games' Kilted Mile again this year.  Last year I got fourth, this year I got third.  I got a good lead in the beginning until about halfway through the race too, as you can see in the video (I'm in the same outfit with black utilikilt and hat).  Running in that loose dirt takes a lot more energy out of you than a nice springy track though, so that mile is much tougher than my usual.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont recall my fastest mile, probably comparable to your time, kev, but i have a shit right ankle. Longest i ran in one stint was five miles on a treadmill. I average about 6 mph on a steady, long run but i dont run often. I usually bike or use eliptic.

Good for you though. I sold my systems and joined a gym. I havent gamed in two years or more. I would rather run or something.

Archived