Update on my Employment Status

Kevnvek

I had a good time my first day working at the theater in Angel's Camp, and I got to see Kick Ass 2 for free with my brother afterwards. I can already tell I'm going to enjoy working here immensely more than WalMart. For starters it will supposedly be eight hour shifts on Saturdays, with more days as they become available.

• 2 months later...

I've been working that theater position for almost three months now.  It's only Saturdays and Sundays for now, but it is a very fun job.  Mostly selling tickets/food and cleaning.  I also get to see all of the movies for free.  If a movie comes out on Friday, I can come see it free any time Sunday onwards.

I also have an interview next week for a part time job at one of my local banks in town.  It would be perfect because they are only open Mon-Fri 9-5 so it wouldn't interfere with my theater job (weekends) or kung fu (6pm Tue/Thur).

Other than that I'm also considering doing a bit of schooling next year at Columbia College in Sonora.  Not exactly sure what courses to take, but I have an appointment to take an assessment test and meet with a career counselor towards the end of the month.

• 4 weeks later...

Another update, I heard a while back that I didn't get the bank job.  I asked and the manager said that the interview had gone great, but they just had another applicant with more cash handling experience.

But now I've registered to take some classes at Columbia College in Sonora next year starting in January, for the semester which ends about May.  I did well on my assessment test and I will be taking basic classes for starters, English 1A and Algebra II, which are the final English and Math classes required for a degree.

So my schedule will be pretty full up with my job at the theater, college classes, and my kung fu classes (which are still going awesome).  Good times.

Archived