Another article for you to read

PeeKnuckle

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It seems SWAT usage as become SOP in most police responses, in part to justify buynig the equipment I beleive and in part the mentality of Us VS Them. Its a shame, I still beleive most police are good people but it seems more and more are becoming too controlling and militant.

It seems SWAT usage as become SOP in most police responses, in part to justify buynig the equipment I beleive and in part the mentality of Us VS Them. Its a shame, I still beleive most police are good people but it seems more and more are becoming too controlling and militant.

I feel most people go into the police force good people, but definitely don't leave or stay that way anymore. It seems like some sort of corrupt-o-matic, and it might just be a survival mechanism.. and not as in "save my life" but "save my job". Other grizzled vets who have made bad calls may also be giving terrible fucking advice, and rookies may be taking it to heart. Who knows? It just sucks ass. We need to stop allowing this with slaps on the wrist and "discharges".

Thats true, I think some of it does fall on society though cause we expect them to always be there and save the day when that isnt a realistic expectation. So when they fail they get blamed sometimes deservedly. Its the whole giving up freedom/resposibility for safety/protection, when we give up that and put it on someone else and they fail naturally we blame them, but we shouldnt have given that up in the first place. I am saying thats a part of the issue not a major one but a contributer, I think both people and the police need to look at what they can do together to help the situation.

Archived