Xbox One created 'with advertising in mind'

vectordream

Its no surprise we already knew this anyways. Their focus is not on gameing for sure. The dash updates for 360 that changed everything to the tiles was to just to get us ready for whats to come.

"Microsoft hopes that the inclusion of Kinect with every Xbox One system will allow the company to better serve contextually relevant ads"

I don't want ads!! The sad thing with all this is they want people to pay for Kinect and Xbox Live! Some of this would be ok if Xbox Live were a free service.

Source:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/xbox-one-created-with-advertising-in-mind-6411083

These marketers get ahold of everything and just shove these ads down our throats. Look at Hulu and Youtube. CNN is the worst. Every video you click on loads an ad with no break. And its the same freaking ad every time.

Pretty soon while in the middle of a $60 game you bought it will get interrupted for a commercial break lol.

Makes me shiver to think what could be tied into games. Anyone else remember when the big uproar was brought about because one of the games ( I can't remember which, some futuristic shooter ) was going to have billboards that actually displayed real ads. With a rotating collection pulled from online.  Now, you'll get achievements for drinking Coke and eating Doritos while playing a game.

Now, you'll get achievements for drinking Coke and eating Doritos while playing a game.

And fucking Kinect can SEE YOU DOING IT!

No thanks MS.  I am completely done.  I railed against Ads on the MS Dashboard for a looooong time, and this is seriously just making me be done with it.

it's like going to the movies lately.  you pay a premium to see this awesome move on a large screen, and you have to watch COMMERCIALS.  I understand subsidizing, being in business myself, but at some point enough is enough IMO.

You can't do anything anymore without being bombared to death with ads. It's to the extreme. Movies are a perfect example as you said Thermo.

Your right Dat it does bring shivers on what will be in games. Publishers/Developers are gonna be putting in ads and I won't be suprised if one day they have commercials interupting your game while your playing. Defiance has Dodge vehicles and billboards in the game.

These greedy people want it all. They want you to buy this machine at $500, games at $60, Xbox Live fees, give up some freedoms and force feed you ads 24/7 with a camera that could scan your room, monitor your heart rate etc..

Kinect so far sounds like nothing more than a spycam that serves ads and they want me to buy this? Are they fucking crazy??

It's all kind of heading there anyways. My dad and I went out to breakfast the other day, and the menu had ads on it. Not even kidding.

You pay an arm and a leg for football/baseball/basketball tickets and there's ads everywhere. They're all around us.

I'm not saying Microsoft is off the hook or that it's okay. I just see this as a marketing trend that is only growing outwards into other venues we aren't used to seeing them in.

It's all kind of heading there anyways. My dad and I went out to breakfast the other day, and the menu had ads on it. Not even kidding.

You pay an arm and a leg for football/baseball/basketball tickets and there's ads everywhere. They're all around us.

I'm not saying Microsoft is off the hook or that it's okay. I just see this as a marketing trend that is only growing outwards into other venues we aren't used to seeing them in.

It is heading there for sure but damn M$, as far as consoles and gaming goes, is expediting this process at the speed of light. Its only a matter of time before Sony, PC and other ways of gaming catch on and hop on board. Not looking forward to this at all.

Archived