Ellen Page says The Last of Us 'ripped off' her likeness

PeeKnuckle

If you followed the concept art for LoU you would see how the character evolved into it. She initially looked very little like Ellen Page and it just grew into it. It shames similarities for sure, but to say it's a rip off of her? No. It's vastly different in several important ways. The cheek bones are set lower, the lips are entirely different, etc.

Ashley Johnson according to the article.  What I meant by "modeled on an actual person (though maybe modified a bit)" was, there was an actual actress with the mocap dots on her face and everything, particularly around the mouth and other expressive parts.  The modelers may have altered the looks a bit from there, but it was based around that actress.

dpa6.jpg

bsv.png

There is an underlying similarity, but it seems they "youthened" up her features a bit.  And Ellen Page is known for her youngish look, the soft, rounded facial features etc.

I was going to ask PK for a source, but I figured it out. Holy shit, people blew this WAY out of proportion.

Ellen Page did an AMA (Ask Me Anything) on Reddit. Basically, people go in and ask her a bunch of questions and they get answers, or they don't. The comment that caused this explosion of news was bullshit. It was a loaded question.

"This has almost certainly been made clear to you several times, but are you aware how much you look like Ellie from The Last of Us   a video game which came out about a week ago. She even sounds like you. So much so that almost everyone assumed it was you playing the role."

Was the comment that she responded to. He stated quite clearly that it was an assumption they were going to operate under for her response. She responded to his question using the exact same assumption.

Saying things like "fuck you" to someone who has done, literally, nothing wrong is absurd and I expect better from you Gamercide.

Source:
http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1gxgfx/i_am_actress_ellen_page_amaa/caorlh8

She said she should be flattered, but didn't appreciate it. Certainly nothing to be worked up about. However, had she said worse, I still wouldn't care.

As for being better, it's a forum and everyone has a right to their opinion. Obviously some people don't even know who she is. Why should they bother to look further into the source? Plus, PK obviously grabbed this to get people to post. It worked.

In my opinion, it all comes down to her trying to drum up publicity for her dying celebrity image or whatever is left of her Juno and Inception fame.  She's also probably trying to get publicity for her game.  Whatever she is trying to accomplish is going to do the opposite because now everyone is talking about Last of Us, kind of like Jim Carey blowing off the new Super Bad movie he is in for being too violent, because now of course everyone is going to want to see what the big deal is.

As far as people and their opinions in this thread and the use of "fuck you", everyone is entitled to their own opinion.  That is what makes Gamercide so great, because we accept that our community is diverse and do not tell them how to think, act, or what to say.  They have an opinion and we do not alter it.  We don't go around policing posts to make sure that we appear to be upstanding, we are who we are.  Take it or leave it.

It was clearly directed to me.

You don't know me. I drop swear words like I take shits.

and I won't stop.

I've been apart of  gamercide way before it was called gamercide. We've been allowed to express ourselves however we want, and that's not going to stop. It's what makes us diverse, and if you don't like it, or me, oh well, I'll continue as I always have.

It was clearly directed to me.

You don't know me. I drop swear words like I take shits.

and I won't stop.

I've been apart of gamercide way before it was called gamercide. We've been allowed to express ourselves however we want, and that's not going to stop. It's what makes us diverse, and if you don't like it, or me, oh well, I'll continue as I always have.

Preach it sister...lol

Archived