Friend wants a new PC

PeeKnuckle

If he just wants to buy it all made already I have heard good things about ibuypower.com

My Mom ordered a gaming PC from them and was really happy with it. I was going to build mine but if I see a deal on here that I can't refuse then I could go with them.

Even if he does not buy from them you can still put one in the cart and min/max things out. Check prices and get a list of components that you can buy elsewhere.

Yeah Dat knows best haha.

If all else fails this kid seems to know something. It's a good starting point if you can get through his vids lol. This is a short playlist of gaming builds ranging $400 and up. He also lists out the components for each vid in the description with links on places to buy.

To summarize the IM I sent you, I would start by picking what you want for graphics and go from there.

Tom's hardware does a good job of letting you know what is out there for the money, but there are plenty of other places to get an idea of what graphics power you want. Always check reviews look for what fps you may get with games.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107.html

A Radeon HD 7870 or 7950 might be the highest he can get with that price point. Nvidia has some card that may perform a little bit less for the same price (They seem to be going more for the high end graphics market with their new cards now)

Archived