Should I get a 3DS?

vectordream

I really really want to play Fire Emblem! I had all the old game boys at one time or another way back when and had the first DS before. I also still have my Neo Geo pocket :) It's old but still works. I loved that system.

I love handhelds but have been out of the scene for awhile now. iOS has been getting me by I guess but I just hate the pay to play, microtransaction nickel and dime games on it. For some reason I got this strong urge to buy a 3DS XL this weekend considering best buy has it for $174.99. Seems like a good deal.

How are you all liking yours?

Thanks for all the replies guys. I gotta say I have not had a handheld for so long this is really refreshing. This came out of nowhere and I have an instant 3DS backlog lol now. I can't help but feel that there is quite a bit of value in some of these games as well. More-so than some $60 console games haha.

resident evil revelations

the Tom Clancy ghost recon shadow wars game ( awesome, kind of like xcom)

professor Layton

street fighter was good

I'll post more later, but definitely Tom Clancy!!

Sorry for the delayed response. Yeah I picked up Resident Evil and Ghost Recon this last week. Got them both for a combined total of just under $30 brand new off Amazon.

On another note do you notice that holding the 3DS XL cramps your hand or aggravates your hand/wrist tendons or whatever? I hope it stops cause I love this thing. I may have to get a grip holder or something to put it in. Its just not ergonomic at all and I don't have huge hands. Maybe its my long fingers.

This saved me:

http://www.amazon.com/Circle-Pad-Pro-Nintendo-Accessory-3dsXL/dp/B009LGO88E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1372485853&sr=8-1&keywords=circle+pad+pro+3ds+xl

You can get it from nintendo's site cheaper but by the time you paying shipping its the same price. Its not perfect but has made it easier to hold this thing for long periods of time.

Shadow Wars is great! Turn-based strategy is one of my favorite genre. 

Loving the Circle Pad Pro for XL. I will say that XL has an extreme lack of accessories overall. Can't wait until they make some more stuff for this thing.

Shadow Wars is great! Turn-based strategy is one of my favorite genre. 

Loving the Circle Pad Pro for XL. I will say that XL has an extreme lack of accessories overall. Can't wait until they make some more stuff for this thing.

I effing loved Shadow Wars to be honest!  I even like the 3D effects.  :D

I effing loved Shadow Wars to be honest!  I even like the 3D effects.  :D

Me too! Its a great game. I picked it up for less than $10 on amazon and loving every minute of it. Hey do you like the Shin Megami Tensei games? A new one is coming out soon.

Archived