Ouya VS The E3 Organizers (ESA)

ThermoNukePanda

So you know about the Ouya, correct?  The tiny liitle android box that was a Kickstarter success?  Ok, here we go.

Ouya didn't rent a booth at E3.  Not sure exactly why really (I didn't research), but they decided that they were going to have a booth in the parking lot across the street from the E3 convention. 

COMMENCE DOUCHBAGGERY!

Ouya was doing their thing, having their booth and trying to show off their console.  However the organizers of E3 (the ESA) apparently didn't like the fact that the Ouya team was attending E3 on "their own terms".  With that in mind, the ESA immediately went out and "rented" a bunch of parking spots in the lot Ouya was in and proceed to park a couple semi-trucks in the lot to completely obscure the Ouya team from E3 attendees.  Douchebag move #1.

So what's the Ouya team to do now?  ESA is obviously acting like dicks in the matter, so the Ouya team went and got a permit and rented the spaces in FRONT of those trucks too, proceeding to throw up large banners and Ouya signs!  WOOO!  WE WILL BE NOTICED!

And that's when the cops came.  Douchebag move #2.  Yes folks, the ESA seriously called the cops to complain about Ouya.  Nothing happened really, but the cops showed up to check to see if the Ouya team had the required permits (which they did) and then left without incident. 

That's all pretty fucked up if you ask me.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/12/e3-2013-cops-called-to-shut-down-ouya

Its pretty fucked up on ESA's part for sure. They could of just left them alone and this would be no big deal.

I do have to question Ouya, why would they not just rent a small booth or something at E3? They made tons of cash on Kickstarter! This seems like the one convention or conference they should attend.

Guess they got some free press.

Archived