New Graphics Card Shopping

Skylark95

I'm in the market for a new graphics card for my pc.  I currently have 2 GTX 460s and I would like to get rid of the SLI setup and go for a single super-powerful gpu.

Not looking for a titan, but maybe the next best thing. About to get my bonus from work so I could probably have a max of maybe $500-$600 tops.  Around $300 would probably be preferred though.

Currently looking at the GTX 680, but would like to hear what the other options are.

(Looking at you Dat. lol)

Have AMD graphics in my laptop, but have never had a desktop card before.  

Have always been skeptical when hearing about driver issues and heat problems and the reviews I have read seem to confirm that:

http://url.skylark95.com/7970ghz

Limited lifetime warranty, specs, and 3 free games for only $420 is damn tempting on this card.  Heat and driver issues are what I am concerned about:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150632

So yeah, I could probably switch if convened.  Just never had much experience with AMD cards...

~$100 in Free games, 100 bucks cheaper, and better performance?  I say go for the Radeon. I've used them, and I don't hate them.  They have some issues in special circumstances, but if you are hooking them to a monitor for gaming they are fine.  I am biased towards Nvidia, but at that price range they just don't have anything to offer at the moment.

So I guess free shipping = 3 day shipping. Tracking shows it will be here by Wednesday.

And as far as RMA goes, if the cats would ever go bad in the time I have it I'll keep at least one of my 460's handy. Shouldn't happen but safe to be ready in case

Archived