Eternal Darkness Spiritual Successor Announced

Siren

One of the most incredible survival horror titles ever made is getting a "spiritual successor". Fans of Eternal Darkness: Sanity Requiem get ready to let out the biggest squeal of your life.

Precursor Games announced that they are developing Shadow of the Eternals, the spiritual successor to Silicon Knights' 2002 Gamecube cult hit Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem.

Shadow of the Eternals will be released in episodic format for the Wii U and PC only for a total of 12 episodes with each episode having about 2-4 hours of gameplay. Throughout the 12 episodes, players will follow the story of Detective Paul Becker who is investigating one of the bloodiest gang massacres in the history of the state of Louisiana where there are only two survivors. These two survivors will help Detective Paul Becker uncover the story behind the "Eternals" and span 2,500 years of history in Egypt, England, Hungary, and the United States, much like Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem which also hopped through out history while uncovering the secrets of the Ancients. Also like in Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem, players will see the return of the famed sanity effects that cause disturbances unlike any game I have ever played, even modern day titles.

According to the official site for Shadow of the Eternals, details on the digital distribution of the 12 episodes will be announced at a later date, however they stated under the "Project Faq's" that they do plan to release the episodes sometime in the third quarter of 2014.

via IGN and Shadow of the Eternals (official site) 

OMGOMGOMGOMGOGMOGMOGMOGMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOGMOGMOGMOGMOGMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

This is going to be an extremely panned game. The first game was so good - expectations are going to be ridiculously high for a sequel or follow up, as they should. This is a great chance to really amp up the atmosphere and insanity effects, while delivering a great story.

^^^ This.

I am so stoked.  Eternal Darkness has THE BEST "insanity" mechanics.  I fucking loved that game.

I second that and the post above Chris!!!!  I am seriously so excited.  There has not been a game that even came close to Eternal Darkness as far as the sanity effects go.  I'm not a PC gamer, but I'll get this for sure.

While it looks interesting, and I do hope it gets made, no way am I giving them any money until its all finished after the way Dennis Dyack tanked Silicon Knights(with rumor of a good bit of the money activision gave them to make that Xmen Destiny game being instead used to make a tech demo for this game).

I have two Gamecubes (a silver and purple one) and I think I still have a copy of it.  I've been bugging Jason to play it, because he never experienced the awesomeness of it, only heard what I told him, but he won't touch the cube, lol.

Seriously Dat, you won't be disappointed.  I have never played a game like that since.  It's a gem.

Seriously Dat, you won't be disappointed.  I have never played a game like that since.  It's a gem.

THIS.  The "insanity" meter was so well done and effing awesome.  No game has ever played with my mind like that.  MGS2 was interesting at the end how it tried to mess with you, but this game seriously fucks with your head and gameplay ALL THE TIME.  I loved it.

Archived