GTA V: Official Trailer 3

Nick

All of the yesses.  From the look of it, they're going to do what they did with GTA IV and the DLCs, making a trio of playable characters with intersecting stories.  But this time, all in one big game, it should be great.

I think I realized something disturbing about Trevor though (as if he weren't already disturbing enough).  I think his phallus is detachable and he carries it around.  "Bring me my cock or I'm gonna cut your arm off", and later "Do you want me to get my dick out again?" wtf lol.

Hopefully the PC release won't be too far past the September 360/PS3 release.

Not a big fan of 3 different characters. Not sure why. I would much rather have one main character, I have a feeling its going to bug me while playing and leave me detached from the story. I'm going to be having fun with one character then it will switch on me. I'm just not digging that at all.

Not a big fan of 3 different characters. Not sure why. I would much rather have one main character, I have a feeling its going to bug me while playing and leave me detached from the story. I'm going to be having fun with one character then it will switch on me. I'm just not digging that at all.

The Rockstar guy who was playing the game hit a button (or pulled a trigger? I didn't ask) and up popped a circular menu with three headshots in it. One for Franklin, one for mid-life-crisis white guy/sorta-family-man Michael and one for crazy balding white guy lout Trevor. Those are the game's three announced protagonists. The Rockstar guy picked Trevor.

Suddenly it was as if some deity overhead grabbed the game's camera, pulled it to the heavens, up, up, up and then shifted it to the other side of the map, and lowered it down. OK. It was just a glorified loading screen, but it was cool.

http://kotaku.com/ive-seen-grand-theft-auto-v-this-ones-radically-diff-487200782

And then

The Rockstar guys jumped into an actual storyline mission. The mission involved the player controlling all three characters. Think of it as an evolution of the one mission in Grand Theft Auto IV that featured not just Niko Bellic but the protagonists of the game's two episodic expansions. The difference was that this mission didn't just feature three characters who would be playable in their own versions of a GTA. This mission would require the player to hop from character to character, controlling each one for chunks of the mission.

lol

I am interested in this game only because of what you will be able to do. I am not excited to have to play those particular characters switching around or not. They just don't excite me at all. I think they would be fine as characters I run into though. I might be in minority but GTA IV sort of turned me off on the series. I used to love GTA but I just could not get into the story and characters. Even the world was not that fun.

For a game that is advertising "do whatever you want whenever you want" and we can't make our character? I think Rockstar is too focused on making some big serious elaborate interwoven story when in the end a game like this is all about what we can do in the world. I like what Skyrim did. Give me a little and just turn me loose to make my own adventure in the world you have created.

Archived