Two bombs explode near Boston Marathon finish line

PeeKnuckle

FBI just basically bitchslapped the media. Told them to fact check before airing reports.

At one point, half of the cable networks were reporting a suspect in custody while the other half refuted them. Got to love the cable news.

Meanwhile, CISPA voting was going on.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here it is

Contrary to widespread reporting, no arrest has been made in connection with the Boston Marathon attack. Over the past day and a half, there have been a number of press reports based on information from unofficial sources that has been inaccurate. Since these stories often have unintended consequences, we ask the media, particularly at this early stage of the investigation, to exercise caution and attempt to verify information through appropriate official channels before reporting.

http://www.fbi.gov/boston/press-releases/2013/no-arrest-made-in-bombing-investigation

I was in Boston again today. 

Brigham and Women's and the Courthouse has been evacuated due to a "suspicious Subaru in parking lot with gas tank and wires device in backseat." 

When I was there today, I can honestly say this is the most police I have ever seen in my life. I saw groups of 20+ FBI agents and state police on corners. Dozens of FBI vans and a large group of hundreds of FBI agents. Boston is still such a mess right now. 

Police officers blocked off the scene of a shooting at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Cambridge, Mass.

Andrew Kitzenburg, 29, said he looked out of this third floor window to see two young men of slight build in jackets shooting at dozens of police officers from behind a black Mercedes SUV. The officers and the men were 70 yards apart, he said, and engaged in “constant gunfire.”

A police SUV “drove towards the shooters,” he said, and was shot at until it was severely damaged. It rolled out of control, Mr. Kitzenberg said, and crashed into two cars in his driveway.

The two shooters, he said, had a large and unwieldy bomb. “They lit it, still in the middle of the gunfire, and threw it. But it went 20 yards at most.” It exploded, he said, and one of the two men ran towards the gathered police officers. He was tackled, but it was not clear if he was shot, Mr. Kitzenberg said.

The other, he said, got back into the SUV, turned it toward the officers and “put the pedal to the metal.” The car “went right through the cops, broke right through and continued west.”

The two men left “a few backpacks right by the car, and there is a bomb robot out there now.” Police had told residents to stay away from their windows, he said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/20/us/explosives-detonated-in-massachusetts-standoff.html?hp

Ava....i bet more people get turned in as THE TWO than you can imagine.....its gona range from those two kids to some guy washing cars to some yahoos neighbor.....and i bet someone takes an assbeating or two before cops are called

Archived