Two bombs explode near Boston Marathon finish line

PeeKnuckle

Love this article - The Cops' Military Toys Aren't Just for Catching Terrorists

Those who say that the above high level of police intrusion was due to the unique seriousness of the situation in Boston had better explain what cops are doing with their expensive toys during the other 360 days of the year. A suspected bomb-toting terrorist is cause for specific, serious law-enforcement measures (if not an excuse to impose martial law on an entire metro area). But a visit from cops that look like soldiers is a reality for 150 people per day who are targeted by police raids—mostly on suspicion of possessing or selling narcotics.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just going to leave this here along with an imgur dump of all sorts of crazy shit.

aktmRgC.jpg

http://imgur.com/a/Nx8EU

So yeah, how the fuck was she giving an interview after hearing the bombs "a few blocks away".

Also, what are people from Craft International doing all over the place?

The fake blood one at the bottom had me laughing. Talk about far fetched. But jesus christ, the Dawn / Donna thing is ridiculous. Is that just the news jumping the gun with misinformation, as they are wont to do? 

The problem is - in this day and age, we want information now now now so they'll feed us anything they can give us, even if that means not verifying the veracity of the info.

The fake blood one at the bottom had me laughing. Talk about far fetched. But jesus christ, the Dawn / Donna thing is ridiculous. Is that just the news jumping the gun with misinformation, as they are wont to do? 

The problem is - in this day and age, we want information now now now so they'll feed us anything they can give us, even if that means not verifying the veracity of the info.

I super agree the fake blood thing is far fetched, but the Dawn/Donna thing IS stupid ridiculous.

I also want to know what Craft International was doing all over the place.  Why are PMC's present?

From Snopes.com

Sandy Hook Principal

Another image purportedly demonstrated a connection between the Boston Marathon bombing and the Sandy Hook shooting:

principal.jpg Whoa! Government is slipping up! This lady supposedly died in the elementary school shooting & apparently died again in the bombing at Boston. They have to be smarter than this, right?

The woman pictured above is the late Dawn Lafferty Hochsprung, the school principal who was killed in the Sandy Hook shootings, and the right-hand panel purportedly shows her picture being displayed on the screen during an interview with someone named Donna about the Boston Marathon bombings. Some commentators have noted that the woman who stepped in as principal at Sandy Hook after Dawn Hochsprung's death was Donna Page and theorized that the former was the "Donna" referenced during the pictured interview about the Boston Marathon bombings (in the course of which her predecessor's picture was shown on-screen). Although at least one woman named Donna who ran in the marathon that day did give media interviews about her experience, the only such reference we have seen that mentioned a surname identified the interviewee as Donna Bruce, not Donna Page.

A group of Newtown parents known as Team Newtown Strong entered the Boston Marathon and ran the 26 miles to honor the 26 victims of the Sandy Hook shootings, so it's possible Dawn Hochsprung would have been mentioned if one or more of those team members had been interviewed.

-----

This is Donna Bruce

6JTLhrg.jpg

http://msbusiness.com/businessblog/2013/04/16/donna-bruce-describes-boston-as-somber-day-after-marathon-bombing/

The missing student from Brown was found. I was kind of hoping he'd be the bright spot in what happened. Sucks the family had to go through all that. I'm going to go through this thread and remove references to him. Something I forgot to do awhile back. Sorry for your loss, Tripathi family.

http://gawker.com/brown-student-misidentified-as-boston-bomber-found-dead-480945384

This is why I don't mind waiting for information. We all play a retarded game of telephone, and people get confused, panic, point fingers, etc. I think misinformation is more dangerous than withheld information.

It's not like groups like Anonymous won't figure it out eventually anyway, lololol.

• 4 weeks later...

So that other "terrorist" that supposedly had a knife and tried to stab the FBI guy before they shot him to death?  Yeah.  No knife.  He was unarmed and they killed him.

"One law enforcement official, speaking on the condition of anonymity to discuss an ongoing investigation, said Wednesday that Todashev lunged at the agent and overturned a table. But the official said Todashev did not have a gun or a knife. A second official also said Todashev was unarmed."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/officials-man-who-knew-boston-bomber-was-unarmed-when-shot/2013/05/29/21f05b74-c8a8-11e2-9f1a-1a7cdee20287_story.html

"he had acknowledged involvement in the murders and had implicated Tsarnaev."

So all the other agents leave him alone with one FBI agent in the suspect's home? Bullshit. If he was a suspect like they believed they would have taken him in for questioning. They wouldn't have dicked him around, stalling him from leaving the country. I don't know if this guy was guilty or not, but I believe he was provoked into acting out and it gave them a reason to shoot him. No judge, no jury. Open and shut FBI case.

Archived