The First Honest Cable Company

PeeKnuckle

• 2 weeks later...

Most of my problems with them arose when I had an issue and they either failed to address it, made it difficult for me to speak to a capable human or just them flat out blaming me for the problem (your router needs replaced).

The throttling of Twitch.tv is another issue.

Technical problems aside my biggest problem with the cable companies is the price. They can basically raise prices whenever they feel like it. They put these packages together and its all nickel and dime to death. Hundreds of channels of garbage. It is all or nothing with them. You spend more time trying to find something to watch than actually watching anything.

I only want a select few channels but they would rather sell me some package starting at $65/mo and up. That is just the base package here! I was paying near $100/mo to get a combination of garbage that got me the select channels I wanted.

I will never EVER go back to cable tv! NEVER!

The internet is another issue with them but I will spare you. I am primarily focusing on the TV side. There is no good provider here for internet and no way out of not having it if you want to stream entertainment. As Adam Orth would say #dealwithit

Don't even get me started on Direct TV. Just as bad with even worse customer service and a 2 year agreement? No thanks!

I buy store brand granola. If there was a generic brand of broadband I'd probably hop on board.

Comcast is fine and dandy if you can afford it and no problems ever arise. It's when those problems pop up that it becomes quickly apparent how shitty Comcast really is.

lol. This video was great, and pretty true. When I first moved to Lexington I had and for the time being, still have, a great cable company. However, as with most of the small guys, it's being gobbled up. Starting in July it will be owned by Time Warner. 

Uggg Time Warner? Have you met Satan yet? I think he works for Time Warner LOL!

Its funny just a few years ago I thought there was no way to live without cable tv. What am I going to watch without it? I am going to miss sports! "Without some kinda of TV I am not connected to whats going on in the world", I thought. 

Once my eyes were opened and I was freed from the Matrix it all became clear. I am more connected to the world than ever before. Ever since I have been on a crusade to help people get over cable. You will be surprised at how easy it is.

Thanks for taking my rants and ravings gamercide :)

Anywhere else and they would of got rid of me already haha.

I don't need or want cable tv. I keep it for my wife, but I'm still stuck with it. It's the only provider in my area that offers the Internet speeds I want.

Yeah, not looking forward to Time Warner.

Yeah, internet is the one thing they generally have the best speeds on. Here there is absolutely no competition. I have scoured the area for the best price vs speed internet and it simply does not exist. Internet is the only service I have. Just keep them for internet and get rid of everything else. Cable TV is the expensive part of the bill.

I convinced my wife a few years ago to live without cable tv. She loves that it is gone now. There are alot of ways to get your content now and watch it when you want, how you want with no commercials. Sports is the toughest one. I can give my plan of action to get you off if you want. No one will be stuck with Cable TV! NO ONE!

I've just got the base cable tv package. My Internet is actually more expensive. I probably will drop tv completely, but I need to invest in a couple more media computers first.

Or just get a Apple TV or Roku for now. $99 one time purchase is not bad for what they do. I think Roku has even cheaper models. I am not an apple fanboy but the interface is a bit nicer than Roku. Although I have not tried the Roku 3 yet. Roku seems more customizable.

http://www.apple.com/appletv/

http://www.roku.com/roku-products?gclid=CKXW04nOxbYCFeU5QgodZ2kALw

Archived