Controversy Hits God of War: Ascension

Siren

The highly anticipated prequel to the God of War series, God of War: Ascension released today, but not without meeting some controversy from overly sensitive reviewers that caused the developers to change the name of a silver trophy titled "Bros Before Hos".This simply named trophy caused a media backlash from reviewers including Adam Sessler who called the trophy "misogynistic" meaning characterized by a hatred of women, during his own review.

"This gut punch of misogyny irredeemably sours this game and it's shocking that such a talented developer would traffic in such a contemptible attitude. I have always liked the adult fantasy of the God of War games - that Grand Guignol silliness - and in this moment, it's all reduced to some frat-house joke, making me ashamed that I ever thought it was more than that in the first place."

As a result of the unified front against the name of the trophy, Sony Santa Monica confirmed to numerous media outlets including IGN, that they will change the name of the trophy to "Bros Before Foes" via a patch that will be available today.

Click here to view the article

• 4 weeks later...