Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

StealthyShadows

So I personally have been waiting for the next installment of Monster Hunter, and it is soon to be here in a little over a week. Ive been putting off getting a 3 DS though hoping that it would be put on something else but it does not look like there is going to be a much better option here.

Anyways, was wondering if anyone has played this series? Its been something that me and a couple of friends have been interestedi n for a long time. The game provides one hell of a challenge through alll of its games so far and even though it boils down to a lot of farming in game to get the right gear required for killing a monster it is so rewarding when you finally down it. Although I do not know if the 3DS and this game will support any sort of online, i thought it would be interesting to see if anyone here is planning on getting it.

Here is a quick trailer for it, although not very detailed as I would have thought it to be in terms of a trailer it is still pretty cool to watch as a lot of it is in game graphics.

and then there is also this: my most favorite video to show people when they ask about monster hunter. Sadly this version of the game is only available in Asia and will not accept US IP addresses.Now its been a while since I have looked into frontier but this is still the biggest baddest thing I have ever seen some one go up against

keep in mind they didnt actually kill that thing, they just repelled it

Played the hell out of Monster Hunter Tri on the Wii.  This is basically the exact same game, with slight graphical improvements and some extra monsters (which isn't a bad thing).

As Mrs BE said, the game is super crack.  If you like long drawn out battles against big monsters, harvesting mats from your foes to create bigger and badder weapons then this is your game.

AFAIK, the 3DS version will support online play but only with an accompanying Wii U system.  I'm not sure though, I'll have to look into it.  Also, if you get a 3DS you're going to love it.  Get the XL though, don't skimp, you'll thank me.

I didnt like the Wii version at all, it had the basic feel of monster hunter but I hated that for online I had to farm things that I no longer needed, didnt matter if I killed them all half a dozen times you needed more points to advanced. I much rather preferred it on the psp where once you killed a certain set of them you could advance to the next stage, and if you needed to farm up better gear you went back and farmed it.

I will definitely be getting this though, it was always a good kill of time and Im not gonna let one bad game ruin the experience in hopes that this will be like the older versions more. Plus they have my duel swords back in this one so Im pretty stoked about that.

Also yes I am getting the XL one so I can get this too
MH3U3dsxlcase_backofboxB.jpg

http://shop.capcom.com/store/capcomus/en_US/pd/ThemeID.1944700/ProductID.268583100/Monster-Hunter-3-Ultimate-3DS-XL-Case.html?resid=UTrfhAoBAlcAACNbIu4AAAA3&rests=1362849157174

If you didnt like the Wii version I'm not sure you'll enjoy this one.  It is seriously the EXACT GAME, but with a couple new monsters and I think a new weapon.  :(

And kudos on the XL.  If you need any recommendations for games lemme know.  Soooo many good games out right now!  I really want to pick up the new Castlevania, but I'm still stuck on Fire Emblem and have been finishing up Resident Evil (which is EXCELLENT!)

Its very similar like all monster hunter games, but it is not the exact same game. Weapons alone are 12 instead of six from tri. the final monster is different as well including 7 or 8 new speicies, and new areas to explore.. The village might be the same, but thats been the same for monster hunter 2, monster hunter 2 freedom, and monster hunter 2 freedom unite. Its just a village but the content is what mattered.

I also felt like the wii version was very gimped compared to the psp version. I didnt care to farm the small crappy monsters until I had enough points to move on. I just finished killing things like the lao-shen and now i was forced to farm crap that only got in the way of the bigger game. Anyways, Im gonna have to do some research to see how they do the guild hall now, but I have high hopes that they are gonna go back to its original ways from the psp.

i probably wont be picking up any other games for the ds for a while. my room mate said fire emblem too, so there is very little doubt in my mind that after 3 people said it was good that it more than likely is. but not gonna go get it just yet, maybe in a few months when Im looking for a new game

I dont have all the details but i know if your in the same room as the other person you can connect to each other and play without a wii u

Yeah I know you can do the local wireless, but the problem is I don't have any friends locally that a) have a 3DS or B) want to sit around in the same room to play the game. 

I wish it had online wireless play.  :(

Archived