SimCity

Nick

Please tell me some of you are picking up the new SimCity on the 5th? 

The inter-city play looks super amazing and I want people to play with.

I'm going to pick it up tomorrow night at the midnight release. 

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes. That one. 

I don't really give a shit about the online thing since I'm connected to the Internet almost 100% of the time I'm on my computer anyway so it's not a big deal for me. 

EA is shit, blah blah blah. I just want to know if anyone else is getting the game. :P

See, I want to. But that pissed me off so much that I lost all interest. It's the same problem with Diablo 3. The idea of a single player game forcing you to be online is suck.

I might pick it up, because I have a raging hardon for SimCity games, but I'll wait until some other people review it first.

Metacritic doesn't mean a thing to me when a company like EA is behind the game. For this reason exactly - "EA is really pushing us to withhold final judgement until the game is truly connected.".

So, it's likely you won't see many talking about the online experience that figures prominently into this game, since they're obligated to keep mum on the subject.

Aaaaaaand this is a fucking disaster already. 

I got tailed on my way to Gamestop. Store was closed by 12:10 for my midnight pickup. 

Went to download on Origin. Game is STILL not released yet. Fucking pissed. 

I'm so fucking pissed, man. I should have bought it from a third party like my buddy did. GreenManGaming. He is already playing. 

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Servers have been very very unstable. 

Every time I get 10 minutes into making a city, it crashes and doesn't save to the cloud. Hoping by tomorrow it will be good. 

I've played for about 12 hours and went through about 5 cities, just messing around and learning. 

Archived