Live Streaming Question

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.elgato.com/elgato/na/mainmenu/products/capture-convert.en.html

Looking through there a bit...what do you make of those? I'm a bit of a noob as far as telling which specific features each has.

And yeah PK...I'm planning on fiddling with both PC and console. Just trying to get my bearings as far as the capture card.

I don't know if it's all one Elgato software program or not, but a buddy of mine uses it and the hardware to cast to Twitch. One downside I've seen so far is, the software will not track frame loss. Pretty big thing to passover, too. That is what tells the caster their cast isn't going as planned.

Couple more things (if you don't mind),

Is there a big difference between OBS and XSplit? Would it be more worth it to pay for XSplit personal or does OBS offer the same or similar features?

And also if you have any recommendations for a decent microphone. I don't need anything top of the line but also not something completely dinky. Also, I'm not sure if it's possible, but are there options for a mic that would work for both live streaming on a PC and with a console, and/or recording over recorded gameplay.

I would start with OBS. There are a few differences, but as long as OBS works for you it's not worth paying for XSplit. Especially since it's subscription based.  Here's a mic that should work for both:

http://www.amazon.com/Zalman-Zm-Mic1-Sensitivity-Headphone-Microphone/dp/B00029MTMQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1364305680&sr=8-1&keywords=clip+on+mic

Just placed an order for that mic. Do you think it would be fairly simple to stream from PC using that mic and OBS (which I downloaded the other day as well)?

Been tinkering with OBS. I've managed to get it set up to the point where the PC window I want to capture appears perfectly. What I'm tryig to figure out is...how can I set it up so that for the game audio I could use the sound from the game itself (which would be the stereo mix I believe) and capture my audio from the mic. Stereo mix and the mic both appear as microphones/auxiliary devices and it only lets you select one. 

Archived