Star Wars

irish66

I played the MMO for about 7 months with a guild.  I leveled up an Imperial Bounty Hunter to level 50, fought through glitches and issues, completed all the raids and dungeons at the time on both normal and nightmare modes, and eventually unsubscribed once I felt I completed what the game had to offer.

Now that the game has gone F2P I don't think I'll be going back.  Too much you need to pay to access now IMO.

That being said I did have a fun time with the game.  I was sad that they seriously nerfed my BH to hell and back multiple times, and I'm not sure how the balancing is now. 

Are there any specific questions you have about the game?

Chris probably played way more than i did but i did give it a try when it launched. I thought it was a fun game to play through and level up with, but i never got to max lvl or raid since i fell behind all of my friends and lost a lot of motivation. I heard of it going free to play but dont know exactly what still has to be payed for to have access to it all. I think it is worth giving a shot though, worse thing you do now is waste some time trying it

http://www.swtor.com/free/features

Here is the comparison list.  (hover over the bubbles to see what the differences are)

I don't really like the fact that you can't sprint till level 15 as a free player (previously I thought it was level 10 before the switch.  Now paying people can sprint at level 1).

You MAY have a queue to log in, but I doubt it.  I don't think there are THAT many players, 

You can't really chat in game as a free player.  Expect to use Mumble with your friends, or basically walk around doing stuff on your own without really being able to use many Tells, and only access to the local region chats.

You can only play FIVE PvP matches (aka Warzones) each WEEK as a free player.  This is a bummer, but if you don't care about pvp then don't worry.

There are also restrictions on Flashpoints (kind of like mini raids for up to 4 people, max 3 per week).  Same thing with Space Missions which are pretty fun, again only 3 per week as free player. 

I'm not going to break down everything, but they pretty much supergimp you as a free player.  A lot less XP, no resting XP, can't equip purples, blah blah blah.  

It was fun while it lasted though.  Here is a video our guild made to showcase some of the world bosses.  And yes, I'm the fat naked dancing bounty hunter in like every shot haha.  We supergrouped about 75 of us at one point and all went into an early planet's spaceport and stood there naked linedancing for awhile while all these noobs were confused. 

Good times.   :D

eww i didnt realize they limited you that hard. I understand some limitations to tempt you to get the full version but damn.

Yeah, they REALLY gimp the hell out of you for free players.  Thats why I'm going to look in to TERA I think.  I hear it's not very limiting at all for a F2P game.  I just made a character yesterday

Thanks guys...i needed a view other than my buddy who just keeps saying it awsome. Grest video too. Lmao

Well it WAS awesome.  I give it that, otherwise I wouldn't have been so sucked in for many months.  Now?  Not so much, especially with the horrible F2P model (my opinion of course)

Archived