Microsoft E3 Media Briefing Live

Rincon2000

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MGS Rising looks AWESOME, I just hope that there is at least some sort of ranged attack, even though the cutting mechanics look epic. It was total win when they cut the watermelon into near perfect slices. I love cutting mechanics in games, sword fighting was my favorite Wii Sports Resort game. ^_^

oh .. so a bunch of people that got invites .. not us commoners

The people that got invites, do much for the gaming industry. Many of them work two jobs, to keep their gaming sites running. They put the time in, so all of us get gaming news. I'm glad they got rewarded. There aren't many in this business.

Also, I am entertaining getting Kinect and the software with the Tai Chi and Yoga on it. My body is broken down from all the crap I've been through over the years. I already have to stretch each morning before I get out of bed. Everyone's been telling me to try Tai Chi. I think this could be a good beginner step.

We'll see.

The people that got invites, do much for the gaming industry. Many of them work two jobs, to keep their gaming sites running. They put the time in, so all of us get gaming news. I'm glad they got rewarded. There aren't many in this business.

did not know that .. okay I'm wrong and will stop my bitching about it.

The New Dashboard and Kinect for Xbox 360. Here at E3 we’ve shown how Kinect for Xbox 360 will transform the way we experience entertainment. We’ve updated the dashboard with a new look and feel that makes it more inviting and open. We’ve also added the Kinect Hub, a portal to all the controller-free games and entertainment available on your Xbox 360, which you can access with the wave of your hand or the sound of your voice. Our vision for using your voice is “if you can see it, you can say it.” When you say “Xbox,” your console will reveal the commands you can say to navigate and interact with your entertainment. Kinect can also track 48 different points on each player’s body simultaneously. In only minutes it can learn your face and recognize you the next time you want to sign in. It’s truly remarkable to witness technology disappear, and we’re only beginning to scratch the surface of what it can do. Kinect also makes your existing games better. If you want, you can use it for party and in-game voice chat for all of your games on LIVE.

• Summer of Arcade. Summer of Arcade is a program that has delivered some of the most beloved Xbox LIVE Arcade games of all time, including “Braid” (Microsoft), “Castle Crashers” (Microsoft), “Shadow Complex” (Microsoft), and “Trials HD” (Microsoft). This year, enjoy another stellar line-up: “Castlevania Harmony of Despair” (Konami Digital Entertainment), “Hydro Thunder Hurricane” (Microsoft), “Lara Croft and the Guardian of the Light” (Square Enix), “Limbo” (Microsoft) and “Monday Night Combat” (Microsoft). The third annual Summer of Arcade will kick-off in July, and will continue to bring you the best downloadable titles in the industry. This comes hot off the heels of Xbox LIVE Arcade Block Party, which resulted in a record breaking March – the highest number of downloads for the month of March to date in Arcade history.

• Netflix Search. We're proud of our continued innovation with Netflix. We were the first gaming console to bring instantly streaming movies from Netflix right to the living room. The first to let you update your Netflix instant Queue without a computer. And Xbox LIVE remains the only place you can share the fun with up to seven friends in a Movie Party. Starting this November, Xbox 360 will offer Netflix search. Just type what you’re looking for, immediately search from thousands of titles you can watch instantly, and update your Queue, all right over Xbox LIVE. We’re making your entertainment easier to discover.

• The Xbox LIVE and ESPN Community. Our breakthrough collaboration with ESPN is going to fundamentally change the way people think about sports at home. But beyond bringing the competition into your living room, Xbox LIVE is bringing unique new ways to share the sports you love with your friends and the entire community. With ESPN on Xbox LIVE you can become part of the action by declaring your allegiance to your team and seeing how many other Xbox LIVE members are on the same side. Join other fans with group trivia, polls and predictions that pit you against friendly rivals. You’ll be able to see what the Xbox LIVE community is watching, and which are the most popular games and events at that moment in time. It’s sports made more social, exciting and accessible, only on Xbox LIVE.

• More Music with Zune. Today, we took the next leap forward by bringing Zune music to Xbox LIVE. Zune will deliver seven million tracks to the Xbox LIVE community and an intuitive music experience unlike any other with Kinect. Zune music on Xbox also integrates seamlessly with the 16,000 music videos available through Zune on Xbox LIVE, so if you own a video it will automatically play on-screen during the corresponding song.

Read the rest, here.

I, unlike you guys obviously, was quite pleased with the Microsoft offering. Not yet seeing Sony and Nintendo's briefings yet, I can't say it was weak at all. We got a lot of info on highly anticipated games, their new tech, and some pretty damn fine demos.

I was VERY down on Project Natal, but some of the stuff they showed was really, really cool to me. So saying it only appeals to the "Wii Owners" is quite false. Voice controls that actually work are few and far between and could work very well for applications around my house. If Kinect works as good as the demos show, I can really see it's appeal for media controls, party games, and even some other cool stuff MS probably hasn't thought of yet.

Gears 3, Halo Reach, and even Call of Duty stuck to their formulas, as they should. Everyone here and elsewhere would be whining and complaining if they weren't the same. They have added new mechanics (Space battles, 4 Player Story Co-Op) and stuck to what has made the franchises popular.

These things are set to appeal to a broad audience and not everything will appeal to you. Sorry if you guys were disappointed, but I wasn't at all. The rest of the year seems to be shaping up pretty great for Xbox owners. Bring on Sony and Nintendo's stuff . . .

I think the big probably with this E3 was the SEVERE lack of showing off something new. Gears, CoD, Fable, and Halo never stray to far from their respective formulas, there was always hints that the new MGS game would be a hack and slash so that was more so just a conformation, and did anyone really expect anything more then what they showed for Kinect. Literally the only new things were a trailer for a game we know nothing about besides the developer, new ways to navigate menus(yawn), and ESPN(I don't care for sports, so doesn't matter to me).

I guess there is the new 360 also...but I don't really think that counts, same stuff, just bigger memory and you don't have to buy a ridiculously overpriced adapter for it.

I say MS is leading the console wars because it is true that Nintedo is outselling them .. but more people are playing a 360 or PS3 than their Wiis. I get what their doing but they are ignoring their core .. and VERY loyal market. No one that is interested in Gears 3 will care about any of these Kinect games

Not true. Anyone who knows me knows I am a die hard gamer, and a Xbox "fanboy" to the death. I'm very interested in Kinect. As are most of my hardcore gaming friends.

To be honest, I think most of you are just a little skeptical. I'm sure if you have tried it, you may love it. Or not. Who knows? No one will know if it will be a success or not until November.

I didn't expect the active titles for Kinect. I had no idea they were doing many of it. I'm really excited about the Tai Chi.

Also, this was just the first media event. E3 has barely even started.

I believe the active title was actually announced quite a bit ago, of course nothing was shown off, but it was definitely confirmed to be a Kinect game.

I really, really hope Valve announces some now Half Life stuff, since really the only games im looking forward to is Metal Gear Rising and Rock band 3(im sure ill get CoD and Halo and probably Gears, but really those are just kinda like going through the motions now).

Some more info on the Slim 360.

http://gameinformer....e-features.aspx

LOL

Highlights include a 250 MB hard drive, built-in Wi-Fi, five USB slots, and the fact that it won't sound like a leafblower.

Sounds like a pretty good new unit, but one thing I really do not like the sound of is that Xbox 360 memory units will not work with it. I keep my account on one so I can play with my account on other consoles (like my brother's, which I do regularly) without having to recover my account (5-10 minutes of tedium). I'd have to get a new Memory Unit for it, and probably wouldn't be able to use it on older Xboxes.

I also hope that the hard drives are compatible, and that a 120GB to 250GB hard drive transfer cable/disc will work with it (and can even be bought somewhere, or comes with it).

Also, 360 external hard drives, which just came out, won't be compatible with it. That's pretty funny since they're so new, and will piss some people off.

Archived