What are you listening to?

PeeKnuckle

I did not! I think it's awesome that he's still around and relevant. Very cool.

And thanks. it took me a couple years to put that all together. The guys on the Audioholics forums helped me a ton. It's by far the nicest system I've owned. 

2 Hsu VTF-3 MK5 fifteen inch subwoofers with variable tuning and eq settings (600 watts RMS, 2000 watts peak, each)

Pair of SVS Ultra bookshelf/stand speakers (a little big for a bookshelf). 

Denon AVR X1100W receiver with 4k pass through and all the current surround codecs

Pair of Promonitor 1000 surround speakers

Custom speaker stands made by yours truly

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/17/2017 at 1:05 PM, PeeKnuckle said:

Thanks pk! Tho some things have evolved since I last posted here...

20170716_115902-1305x734-jpg.21685

45441-1160x653-jpeg.21816

45445-1173x660-jpeg.21818

Now I think we could say I've gone apeshit! I'm done now tho. Haven't bought any new equipment in a while now. I wish I could share just how good it sounds. I bought a miniDSP and a microphone and figured out how to take measurements and make adjustments. I have smooth, even bass throughout the listening area and everything is as close to being perfectly balanced as I could get it.

Right now I'm running a grand total of about 5000 watts between my amp and subwoofers. Watching movies is like being in the theater.

To keep on topic...

For some reason this band caught my attention a while back. They did some live acoustic stuff and tbh the singer kinda sucks, but I like watching this video. Pretty heavy song.

28 minutes ago, PeeKnuckle said:

Yeah you went ape shit, damn! I imagine gaming on that is pretty damn great as well.

Oh yeah, sounds amazing. I have 2 more speakers behind me for surrounds. They're a match for the one in the middle in those pics. They're all from SVS' Ultra line of speakers. 

Like I said, I haven't added to it for quite a while now. I simply can't afford to make a significant upgrade from what I have now. It'd cost stupid money to do it. Last year I got to listen to a pair of B&W speakers that sell for about 20 grand for the pair.  :blink:

1 hour ago, PeeKnuckle said:

$20K? Yeah, hell naw lol. Bet it sounds orgasmic, though.

Too rich for my blood too. You reach a point of quickly diminishing returns in that price range.

How ya been pk? 

On 6/2/2018 at 2:00 AM, PeeKnuckle said:

Been good, man. How about you?

Pretty good pk. Aside from a mental breakdown, quitting my job of 20 years and starting my own business things are pretty much the same. :P

Yeah, a lot has been going on in my life the last couple of years. I never in a million years thought I'd be doing something like this. Kinda scary, kinda fun. Home inspection is the business. HIP is the name of the company. Partnered up with a friend of over 20 years.  This is our Web page.

https://hiphomehelp.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...