What are you listening to?

PeeKnuckle

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Patton is teaming up with Dillinger again (sort of).

As we reported last week Mike Patton will be working with Dillinger Escape Plan's Ben Weinman on a new project. Aparently the project is in the very early stages of bouncing some ideas around, with DEP drummer Billy Rymer also collaborating as well as some other unnamed musicians. There are no dates as to when it will be coming out.

Ben recently spoke to Terrorizer

Ben Weinman: “I am working on a new project with Mike Patton. I haven’t talked about it much and it is really in the early stages, we’re not exactly sure when it will come out – he’s a pretty busy guy, he’s working on a lot of things - but we’ve definitely been talking over the past few months and we’re definitely excited about collaborating again for the first time since we did the record together.” “When we worked with Patton it was before we had a full-time singer in place and I don’t think it makes sense to do another Dillinger record with him cos we’re happy with Greg and we have been working many years with him but we definitely knew since that record [‘Irony…’] we had to do something again, it really made sense to see where we could go from there.” “I am pretty excited about it, there is definitely an interesting direction and interesting textures going on.”