Otherland - By Tad Williams

ThermoNukePanda

So I recently finished the first book in this series and just purchased the second book in the series this past weekend.

Wow, what a great and awesome story so far. I'm totally hooked into the tale this author is spinning right now. It's part science fiction, part fantasy and part cyberpunk. It's hard to explain since there is so much going on, but here's the Wiki page to give you an idea of what it's about.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otherland

VERY good reading! Highly recommended!

• 2 months later...

Cool i'll definately check them out as they're the type of books i like to read. I'm glad someone finally posted in here... i was starting to feel like I had hijacked the thread for personal use :blink:, and that was definitely not my intention. Another good series of books if you like that kinda thing are The Serrated edge and Bedlam Bards series, both by Mercedes Lackey.

I got Tam into the series and she loved it .. I however still haven't read a single thing he's written. I don't know where or what I was watching but it had a interview with him talking about the series. Tam's discription was .. "It's like the Matrix movie if the Matrix movies were actually good." .. I'll read them eventually.

I got Tam into the series and she loved it .. I however still haven't read a single thing he's written. I don't know where or what I was watching but it had a interview with him talking about the series. Tam's discription was .. "It's like the Matrix movie if the Matrix movies were actually good." .. I'll read them eventually.

It is kind of like the Matrix, crossed with LotR, crossed with a smorgasborg of imaginary worlds like Alice in Wonderland/H.G. Well's War of the Worlds/Homer's Oddysey/Xanadu/etc/etc/etc. It's hard to explain, but it's entirely awesome.

I just started the third book this past weekend. :) You should check it out Kev!

Archived