Aliens: Colonial Marines Tactical Multiplayer Trailer

PeeKnuckle

I agree with you Dat that I want a STELLAR single-player experience.  However I would really enjoy a good multiplayer experience.  I have Aliens VS. Predator and it was always fun (even though it could be laggy, not to mention the servers weren't super populated). 

I'm excited either way, but I will be sad if the MP experience is just thrown together for the hell of it.

From people that got it early, it doesn't sound good, though I guess for a game that was started back in 2001 and cancelled multiple times it shouldn't come as that much of a surprise. Though if it really is as bad as it sounds, between this duke nukem forever, and borderlands 2(mainly speaking of post release stuff here), Gearbox has kinda tarnished there reputation.

From people that got it early, it doesn't sound good, though I guess for a game that was started back in 2001 and cancelled multiple times it shouldn't come as that much of a surprise. Though if it really is as bad as it sounds, between this duke nukem forever, and borderlands 2(mainly speaking of post release stuff here), Gearbox has kinda tarnished there reputation.

Ugggggghhhhhh.... I was goiong to buy it and stream it too.  :(

You can never fully trust what others say of something, even critics.  There are plenty of games that people and critics hate that I still enjoy.  In fact, it's probably better that a game doesn't get the high 9/10 or so scores across the board.  Might mean that it tries to appeal to everyone and show off fancy graphics rather than try something truly unique.  I prefer how we do (or have done) reviews here, no score, just talk about the good and bad points.

It's still too early to just say "I heard it sucks" and ignore it, I'm picking mine up either on the 12th or 13th for PC and will stream it, so we'll see.

It just really sounds like it's just not there technically(bad AI, which there are a fair bit of videos out with it in) and even conceptually In that....

SPOILERS - You spend roughly 50% of the game fighting enemy soldiers - SPOILERS

I'll wait and see, I'm not one to look at reviews much and I've enjoyed games that have some bad issues before (the STALKER games immediately come to mind) but...this doesn't seem to be shaping up well.

I feel really bad for Mikey Neumann, the writer. He also wrote the first Borderlands game. His story will get lost in all this. No one will pipe up and say amidst all the terrible things, the storytelling is wonderful.

Here's a question I want to ask: Would any of these people speaking negatively against the game had spoken up if not for Duke Nukem Forever? The DLC being pumped out for Gearbox for Borderlands 2 is pretty crappy. They even finally balanced the Assassin character, long after release date. No one says anything. If it truly is bad like some are saying, that's fine. A bad game needs to be avoided. Can it be fixed and is there some jealously for one of (if not the last) the last big indies? I think those questions should be asked as well. I still don't understand all the hate for Duke Nukem Forever.

I expect the enemy AI can be patched and made better.

CD Projekt RED (developers of The Witcher series) would be one of the other last really big independent developers.  I don't like the sound of what Dat said he saw when he booted the game, that it has SHiFT codes and a season pass (though it's most likely just multiplayer content), but I still say it's too early to judge the game before I've actually tried it.

I haven't played, I'll probably still get it in a steam sale eventually, but, there is definitely one big plot point that people are talking about that I have to agree just sounds...bad.

SPOILERS Corporal Hicks is alive, instead of dying at the beginning of Alien 3,he woke up and but someone else body in the cryopod before the escape pod is fired from the ship, and I guess is now back on LV-426 SPOILERS

That just...sounds like bad fan fiction to me really.

One more little observation though, it seems people are starting to warm up to the 2010 AvP now by comparison, which wasn't really panned as much but wasn't that well liked.

I was kinda looking forward to this.....

I agreek with Kevnvek. There are plenty of games that people and critics hate that I still enjoy. Just like there are tons of movies I love that critics hate. 

I don't have my PC built yet and I am still stuck on Xbox for now. My Live just expired so there goes the multiplayer. I would prefer this on PC anyways.

My problem is when I look at $60 for a new xbox game I am starting to get really really picky. The new game price, online passes, cost of Live, blah blah blah...