For all of the anime lovers!

Ragna Dante

I thought Kakashi and Sasuke were pretty decent in English, I just couldn't stand Naruto in the beginning. It was like listening to Goku in Japanese lol.

Well he may not be that bad once you get used to it in English, but his Japanese voice actor just sounds awesome, so the English one comparatively sucks lol. There is one English voice actor I really do like (and can pretty much instantly recognize in any show). Steven Jay Blum, the guy who played Spike (Bebop), Mugen (Champloo) and many other characters. I've also noticed that he's in Dragon Age: Origins and Mass Effect 2. He has a cool voice.

Yep, he was Onizuka in GTO, which I have all the episodes on DVD. I thought it sucked that he didn't have a larger role in Mass Effect 2, he would've been an awesome character to flesh out.

It was funny in ME2 because I was totally taken by surprise. I was just playing through the intro then it's like, "Wtf? Is that Spike Spiegel?" But at least he got a whole character in Dragon Age. Oghren was bada ss.

Fook yea he was, except that I ended up visiting the dwarves last on my main quest, so he wasn't with me that long lol.

Have you heard some of his dialog with Wynne? He's into old chicks lol, it's h ella creepy. Other than that he was one of my favorites, along with Morrigan. And Wynne's cool because she reminds me of a Bene Gesserit (I love Frank Herbert's Dune series)

Claudia Black (Morrigan and that chick from Uncharted 2) is pretty hot. I didn't know Ohgren was into old chicks, probably didn't say much since he hooked up with that other chick near the Circle of Magi tower.

claudia-black-1.jpg

Desert Punk is pretty **** funny. I love all the booby jokes and innuendo.

Some other good Anime that I've liked include:

Death Note (AWESOME series. Very mind-fuckish)

Fate: Stay Night (Pretty cool)

Trinity Blood

The Twelve Kingdoms (Pretty cool, but definitely drags and the story ends weirdly)

Darker Than Black

@Rincon, yeah Ghost in the Shell is amazing. So deep. The first two movies are part of a different canon than the anime, but the third movie takes place after the end of the series, all very good. And I like the songs they use in the intro and ending of the anime and third movie with those female Russian (I think) singers.

And Syc, I'm surprised you haven't recommended Code Geass yet.

Another show I'd definitely recommend is Neon Genesis Evangelion. The series is very good, but becomes a total mindf**k towards the end. There is a series of movies that come afterwards (End of Evangelion) that give the series a cooler ending though. Also, NGE is currently being remade a series of movies (Rebuild of Evangelion) with better animation and a slightly more condensed plot. I've only been able to find the first one, and it was sweet.

Lastly, check out Hellsing. The first anime with 13 episodes is ok, but kind of diverges from the manga in the end, but the manga is currently being adapted as OVAs much closer to it and with better animation. That's where my sig is from, Alucard from Hellsing.

And Syc, I'm surprised you haven't recommended Code Geass yet.

I totally forgot about that. Definitely watch Code Geass as well.

Alright, this site is VERY useful for keeping tabs on what you watch and stuff.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Syc

That's mine, which shows everything I've watched, plan to watch, stopped watching, or on hold. Really useful.

Holy crap! I can't believe I forgot to list Ghost in the Shell and Code Geass in my post! I watched the Ghost in the Shell movies and shows extensively, but really liked the Stand Alone Complex movie better. I watched Big O a long time ago, like when it first came out. I still remember the good old days, especially when Toonami was around... Anywho, Eureka 7 I saw once, so I need to add that to my "must watch list". I know that SyFy airs Monster sometimes, so I have to watch that as well.

Neon Genesis Evangelion was good, but I couldn't get into it for some reason. My list is growing! Mwahahaha! Seriously though, thanks for the help guys, you're teh bestest!

Claudia Black (Morrigan and that chick from Uncharted 2) is pretty hot. I didn't know Ohgren was into old chicks, probably didn't say much since he hooked up with that other chick near the Circle of Magi tower.

claudia-black-1.jpg

Hell ya she is. Ive thought that since I first saw her on Farscape.

Steven Jay Blum has shown up in a number of games. He was also in the latest Batman

Yes! Bleach is finally done with the crappy filler! Sure the new episode was a recap, but still, it contained all of the awesomeness of the end of the last non-filler season. And Naruto Shippuuden filler ended a couple weeks ago too. Good stuff. And s***'s about to get real in Naruto, with the attack on Konoha coming in only a few more episodes.

Archived