For all of the anime lovers!

Ragna Dante

I have a question, what websites do you guys frequent for your dosage of anime? I've been thinking of websites to visit, but I'm hesitant to click on any google links due to fear of malware and such. I'm not looking for places that show stuff illegally, just a legit website to look for news, and if it's possible, streaming of shows with subtitles or something. Basically anything that's safe to browse. I've been deprived of my anime for a while, so I would like to have a few places to visit.

If you're into fansubs (anime taken right from Japanese TV and subtitled, what's awesome is they release pretty close to the actual Japanese release date), then I have several good links for you. The sites I use have the main series I'm currently watching including Naruto Shippuuden, Bleach, Inuyasha Kanketsuhen, Dragonball Kai, and others. The only thing is you need to use a program of questionable legitimacy to get them.

The sites are Dattebayo.com (Bleach) and takafansubs.com (Naruto Shippuuden and the other stuff I mentioned, but Dattebayo has like the first Naruto series and the first 90 or so Shippuuden episodes.)

If you want I can link you to some programs and such to get them. Most episodes are between 100 and 400 Megabytes depending on the resolution you download.

And if you get the anime directly from those sites, you're pretty safe from malware and stuff, as you're getting the files directly from the ones who made them.

@ Syco

I intend to catch up on Special A and To-Loveru. I came across those the other day on the Anime Network on demand and have become obsessed with watching the series. They're not the norm for what I watch, but they're too wacky and hilarious to skip out on. I normally watch (or watched, in some cases) Bleach, Inuyasha, Death Note, Blood Plus, or Naruto. I also watched Cowboy Bebop and Trinity Blood for a while.

@Kev

As long as it's safe, I can make an exception. I tend to go the normal route for stuff, since I don't want any trouble, but if it's okay in your book, I'll give it a shot.

Oh and yeah, Rincon is off the charts on the awesome meter.TheAwesometer_Fullpic_1.gif

I actually watched the entire Samurai Champloo series, as well as Samurai 7 and thought they were awesome! I'm sure I'll hear about some random animes when I hang out with my buddies on Friday. We always meet up since it's the one day (apart from the weekends) that we don't have classes. We'll discuss manga, watch movies, play some billiards, or do some other stuff depending on what we feel like doing. It's an awesome way to relax and start the weekend off right.

Hmm... Desert Punk? I may have to investigate this one. Oh I forgot to toss in that I've also seen Trigun, Fullmetal Alchemist (Original and new Brotherhood), Onegai Teacher, and Rurouni Kenshin. I didn't know PK watched anime. :blink: PK has officially destroyed the awesome meter! B)

I just noticed that your gamerpic appears to be from that series.

Edit: I typed in my first edit just as you finished posting lol.

I actually watched all of Desert Punk and it was alright. Kind of funny but didn't particularly stand out, it starts out good then kinda drags on. I watched the first couple episodes in English dub, and the voice actor for Sunabozu (The Desert Punk, the main character) is pretty funny, even though I usually hate dubs (have you heard how horrible the voices in the Bleach dub sound!?; and they basically turned Dragonball/Dragonball Z into a show for little kids with all their changes and additions in dialog).

Yeah I know how censored DBZ was, but I think Bleach has a better English cast than Naruto for the most part.I watched the first episode of Desert Punk just now, and it's pretty good. I usually don't mind cheesy voice actors in anime (Naruto, Believe it!!) or games (lymle in Star Ocean 4), so it'll fit right in with the rest of the stuff I've watched.

Yeah I know how censored DBZ was, but I think Bleach has a better English cast than Naruto for the most part.

Oh gawd, Naruto dub. I've always watched it in Japanese, and you how bada ss Kakashi sounds, well it's ridiculous how weak his English dub sounds compared to the orignal. He sounds freaking lame.

Archived