Bioware's solution to appease LGBT players in the Star Wars MMO is less than appealing

ThermoNukePanda

If this needs to me moved to the members only or political discussion I completely understand.

For a long time now there has been a disturbance in the Force. As if a million LGBT players suddenly cried out about the lack of "romance" options available to them.

Bioware listened, but like a genie who doesn't exactly give you what you want they decided to implement something mind boggling. Granted it took them over a year to shoehorn it into the game, however the implementation isn't exactly ideal. Solution? A gay planet.

Yes, you read that right. A completely seperate, and gay, planet. Not only that but the planet is only accessible to those who PAY Bioware to access it.

This has been dubbed by some as "pay-to-gay", and some disgruntled players are speaking out to say that it is downright segregationist to have a seperate planet for LGBT players.

What do you all think? I've never been one who has been chomping at the bit because a game HAS to have romance options. I understand it's a role-playing MMO and all but I don't see why it absolutely has to be included at all. I'd rather see the total removal of all romance than a developer doing something like this and making an ass of themselves.

I see it in the same vein as like call of duty elite extra content/perks/customization that if I want to pay for it I can, if not I still can enjoy the core game and features. I would perfer that developers do this then people who want that in a game can have it and those that dont, dont have to deal with it in their gameplay.

A gay planet? Why does that sound just insulting?

Are they incapable of generating NPC romances without having to do something so ham-fisted?

I think having to pay for it is a bit ludicrous to be honest, but the fact it's an entire gay planet is almost more ludicrous. It just seems lazy.

Archived