Devil May Cry coming to PC in January

spawn622

• 4 weeks later...

Necro bump.

Always a good thing. I never played any of these. They pretty good?

Yes and no. The games were fun and thought out pretty well, they typically have good combat systems and serious ass kicking. They have a few drawbacks, namely the retarded controls and clunky movement (at least in the first two). Something that I loathed in the first game is if you pulled your guns out, you could not change what direction you were facing unless you holstered them again. It aggravated me to no end. But it was still a solid game. I'm excited for this.

I'm considering preordering it since I really like the developer behind it, Ninja Theory (Heavenly Sword, Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, both great). On Steam it's $50 for standard, or $60 to bundle it with Steam versions of DMC3 and 4. I hear 4 looks great in stereoscopic 3D, and they'd be worth a replay for sure. I still have my PS2 triple pack of DMC 1-3 (and 4 for 360) but even still am considering getting the PS3 HD collection just so they look nicer. They are awesome games for sure, even if they get confusing at times.

I did finally try out the demo and can verify that this image PK posted in the Odd and Cool thread is laughably true.

912XlL1.jpg

It is pretty different. As a DMC game I may not like it, but I think I'll still like it as a Ninja Theory game. The gameplay seemed solid, and it had a lot of their different kind of style. I'll certainly be waiting for it to drop in price before getting it at this point though. I'll probably nab that 3/4/DMC Steam pack I mentioned if it goes on sale cheap enough.

Archived