Hitman: Absolution

PaNfOoT

Anybody getting this, PC or console? I wasn't sure about it (LOVED Blood Money but I didn't like some of the more....splinter cell conviction inspired things from trailers/gameplay videos) but I traded in a bunch of old 360 games I'll never play again and bit the bullet. I'll post some screens and gameplay thoughts up after playing it tomorrow(or maybe today, looks like the game is unpacking on steam now).

Played about 5 hours of it, and I think I'm about 1/4th of the way through. It's not another Blood Money, but I am enjoying it. It's kind of like Blood Money but with some smaller areas, and that original concept for splinter cell conviction of being stealthy in the open avoiding cops and all. It does look quite nice too. Also I'm playing on Hard mode, which according to the games difficulty screens has no regenerating instinct(only get some from kills/avoiding enemies), faster reacting enemies, and more enemies.

So beat it with 22 hours played on steam, granted I did spend over an hour on some levels trying to get the silent assassin rating, though on the other hand some later levels I just got stuck and gave in and shot up the place. I liked it, it's definitely a departure from the previous games, but its still pretty good. Gonna check out the contracts stuff soon, I hear it's really good.

I haven't finished it yet, but I'm over halfway through. I'm definitely having a good time with it. I've always been a huge Hitman fan, but I was worried Absolution was going to deviate too far from the formula. Having played it, I don't think it actually ended up straying too far away from what made it great though. It obviously has a more action focused approach, but it seems like they went out of their way to provide multiple ways to finish a level so they could accommodate various playstyles.

I'm very glad it didn't pull a Splinter Cell Conviction, Absolution managed to find a sweet spot and stay in middle ground I feel, it's lots of fun.

Just tried out some of the contracts mode, really fun, there is definitely a more blood money feel to it since you are just going after specific targets in all of the missions. Also that's where all the weapons and customization comes into play, as long as you have picked up a gun once during the main game its added to your unlocks, which you can use in contracts and upgrade(silencers, red dot sites, extended mags, etc, like in blood money).

• 3 weeks later...

Archived