Metal Gear Solid 4

Super Kev

Oh man I've got such a bonner for MGS 4 right now I've completely ignored all other games. Yes even Fallout 3, Shadow Complex, and Borderlands. If any of you sent me game invites .. (actually only PK does) and I ignore them it's cause Tam and I are watching The Office on Netflix or she's working out with Wii Fit and watching Netflix. I can't stop playing this game .. and holy crap does it deliver!!! Now I know this game isn't for everyone and honestly if you didn't play the series since the beginning of Metal Gear Solid on the PS1 (**** it even makes references to the first game on the NES) you'll be totally lost and likely rather bored with it. This game took me about 2 years of owning it before I put it in with the intent to play through it and man what a game. I really can't think of anything bad to say about it other than it will alienate new gamers to the series. It answers every question of the story line from the previous games and it ends the series very well. I finally beat it the other day and now am on the second play through with all the weapons and items I've acquired. Needless to say I'm blowing the ever lovin' crap out of everything!! If any of you ever played the MGS series and like it you need to get this game (**** buy the other ones for cheap if you have a PS2/PS3), but settle in for some llooooooooooonnnnnnngggg cut secenes. I think the ending of the game lasted about 1 1/2 hours! Don't be too scared or turned off by it since the cut scenes are integral to the story and very well done. There's no way you could just pop this game in and think .. oh I'll play for 30 min and then go to bed .. nope .. make an evening of it. You have to actively devote 1 or 2 hours of play time (every time) with it to really get the feel for it.

Plus it's also fun and doesn't take it's self seriesously. There a part when Snake runs through a corridor and Otacon calls you up and says "Snake.. it's time to insert Disc #2. Go to the case and exchange this disc with the one marked 2" ... "What the **** are you talking about Otacon!!!" .. "Oh that's right .. we're on the Playstation 3! This is a Blu-Ray disc. Dual Layer too .. pretty hi tech."

That kills me.

So I'll eventually play Borderlands again and send out invites but all I just can't stop playing this game!

God of war 3 is epic! My buddy got it as a b-day gift and he let me try it out. All I have to say is....FREAKIN' EPIC!! Like Pogre said, if you're in love with MGS4, when you get a hold of the blades of exile in GoW 3 and slay your first god, it'll be hard to put down the controller. As far as MGS4, it wasn't really my thing. For stealth games, I lean towards Splinter Cell, but I appreciate Kojima's ability to tell a story that is deep and completely insane at the same time.

I believe Snake would be able to wipe the floor with Kratos. I'm pretty broke right now (as usual) and I do want to get the cleaned up versions of GoW1-2. I'll likely be able to pick up GoW3 in about 2 months.

Snake is cool and all, but Kratos would probably brutalize him if it was a one on one fight.. After all, he did literally fight and claw his way out of Hades TWICE to get his revenge....Of course, you'll see how he did it when you get the collection. ;)

Snake is cool and all, but Kratos would probably brutalize him if it was a one on one fight.. After all, he did literally fight and claw his way out of Hades TWICE to get his revenge....Of course, you'll see how he did it when you get the collection. ;)

I played through 1 and 2 on the PS2 .. I just want to run through them again before playing the 3rd.

Ah, well, if you haven't played the remastered versions yet, then you are in for a treat. The first two look awesome in HD. MGS4 was definitely a jaw-dropper the first time I saw it though. Waiting to see what they've got for MGS Rising though.

i kinda regret not finishing this game. it was alot of fun but i always had to go in the middle of all the cutscenes, which made me sad cause i was missing story so eventually i stopped playing it. maybe ill pick it back up

Archived