Borderlands 2 pre-load starts... NOW!

PeeKnuckle

http://blogs.wsj.com...erate-joy-puke/

Give me your feedback on this review.

Thanks, Spawn.

Just WOW! lol

He says "if you’re in the market for a new FPS, I’d at least counsel waiting to compare it to Black Ops 2" ????

Borderlands 2 is not for everyone I guess but.... uhhh no thanks. This game is definitely worth the $60 price tag. This game is far beyond the yearly release of the next same old military shooter COD game in my opinion. It is personal opinion and I think Black Ops 2 could be fun and more robust than past entries with promises of a more robust zombie mode, etc. but the only thing these games might have in common is they are FPS. Apples & Oranges lol.

Vec

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've only used it once in a very tight situation. It was then that I noticed what was going on with the RPG. "How am I not out of ammo by now?!?" lol

Original Borderlands had a gun that used up no ammo and never had to reload. The Dove.

g4tv had a live cast and in chat I ask about weapons without ammo. According to a player, there was a weapon in the original that didn't use ammo. Does that sound right?

Yup! lol

Had a rocket launcher in the first one that kept replacing ammo... I was fighting skagzilla with a 43 I think ammo count.. Must have.fired it a couple hundred times.in our 25 minute battle. Of course it could have been the class mod too, never was sure which. I would fire the two rovkets I had, reload, and usually one or two rockets would be added back in.

So I plinked the helmet off of a Goliath to aggro him. I knew already that they leveled up after a kill, so I kept leading him to other things to kill. I eventually got this guy, and he was a bitch to put down, even at level 15. When I did kill him, he blew up like a pinata. He dropped Eridium, gold, white weapons and one purple pistol. His loot inside the chest on his back had four class mods. I'm wondering if they had been guns, if they would have been purples or even orange. More research needs to be done. >)

Big pic

http://i.imgur.com/ynRPO.jpg

Got us a new farm spot, fellas. Corrosive Caverns. Not the spot you're probably thinking of, either.

We're going to go hunt down and kill, Vermivorous the Invincible. His drops are pretty amazing from this stream I've been watching. Kind of need 4 players, but 3 can do it.

Bring a low level (under leveled) weapon to aggro the badass that is shaking the second set of trucks. Tickle him with it long enough, and he'll pod up twice. Boosh.

I was able to log in after about half an hour, and it was worth it. I got a 52 clip E-Tech Tediore fire SMG. The following screenshot is why I'm starting to really like Tediore guns. Fired one shot, slagged the enemy, entered my Deception action skill to get even more damage bonus, then reloaded just as Deception was about to end for maximum damage. Behold:

df65m.jpg

That's 1.36 million damage. After about a hundred thousand the game just starts using a K so the numbers aren't so long.

I also got an acid spewing E-Tech shotgun which isn't nearly as glorious. But with PhysX it's fun to flood the streets of Sanctuary with acid lol.

If you get them to Fatal God-liath, they'll usually drop a purple, blue, Eridium and some cash. I do a run on Boot Hill where I'll level one, then I'll drop into the Gyro Academy and level another. Fun little run that nets me some good upgrades. It's that run where I got my derp Nukem RPG. The Black Queen there has a chance to drop it.

Archived