Borderlands 2 pre-load starts... NOW!

PeeKnuckle

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's what we are hoping. The last one was through crapspy and the interface was pretty bad in general for PC users. I think they went out of their way to make this one better.

Confirmed:

Opting to use Steamworks, as developer Gearbox announced today, is a wise move. While support for Steam Achievements and certain aspects of Steamworks were added in the two years after the first game's release, Borderlands 2 will have full support for it immediately.

http://www.1up.com/n...uses-steamworks

Played for about 1 hour today - You gents are going to love it! Some really funny shiat in it :)

Some additional pc-specific support.

...a Field of View slider, and "better menus" that make the mouse "usable". They also said Borderlands 2 will have "fully remappable keybindings for the keyboard and mouse and a 'PC-specific' user interface.

Game length.

...is said to have a nearly 60 hour campaign, not taking into account the new Badass Points system and all four character classes.

http://www.gamezone....s-all-pc-issues

Anyone know if the extra outfits you can buy are class specific? I purchased an assassin outfit, but can't seem to find it while at the change station. My peep is a Commando. Btw, with everything maxed the game runs really well so-far. The only minor issue is that if I try to angle the camera purposely to expose the longest view distance I do get a slight slowdown (low 50's). So do we all get the same weapon drops or is it entirely random?

I'm not sure about the extra outfits. Tried creating new characters and looking to see if they have it available? The weapon drops are entirely random. There will be unique names, but they'll still have varying stats to a degree. With everything maxed I don't have any problems at all until I start to stream. Not sure what the deal with it is, but it takes a huge hit and I'll drop into the 30s. Looks great though. They did fantastic with the PC version.

After watching kev stream, it appears the clothing is class specific. Not sure if its all that way though? Yea, they did a fantastic job. I've seen the console version and the pc visually destroys it imo. Still hard to believe they are considered an idie developer.

edit - wasn't this suppose to support the new txaa aa mode for nvidia?

Archived