Borderlands 2 pre-load starts... NOW!

PeeKnuckle

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the past you could slip them an extra $20 and they would sale you a copy. Not so much anymore. However that does not stop them from playing at the stores. Lol - When the money was flowing I was probably dropping a few hundred dollars on a monthly basis at their store. Even the manager would let me drop into the store-room and play some unreleased stuff. Btw, the opening cinematic is awesome!

I think it is genre defining. I don't know of any other FPS RPG games. I really like ARPGs like Diablo, etc, but I dislike the isometric view. I don't like 3rd person view, either.

I also really appreciate the humor of the game and adore Gearbox for truly listening to their fans and doing right by them. They're one of the last big indie devs out there.

Also, smokin' Jesus tittie cinnamon.

I think it is genre defining. I don't know of any other FPS RPG games.

There are a few, Deus Ex as one good example. But Borderlands definitely is one of the best representations of the idea of a roleplaying shooter, gameplay wise particularly. Not to mention the co-op.

I think it is genre defining. I don't know of any other FPS RPG games. I really like ARPGs like Diablo, etc, but I dislike the isometric view. I don't like 3rd person view, either.

I also really appreciate the humor of the game and adore Gearbox for truly listening to their fans and doing right by them. They're one of the last big indie devs out there.

Also, smokin' Jesus tittie cinnamon.

I didn't realize they were an indie studio. That definitely changes the dynamics. Likewise I wasn't trying to bash them or the game. I never did play much of the first one because I found many of the encounters difficult when soloing. Guess I should eventually try and play it with some help from gamercide? I plan on stopping by the store and trying some more hands-on with the game later. Anything in particular I can checkout for you?

Archived