Who are your favorite authors?

Bacon

This kinda spawned from Av's thread, but I was curious. Who are your favorite authors? Personally, my top three are J.K. Rowling (Harry Potter is my favorite series of all time), Cormac McCarthy, and Ayn Rand.

I don't think I have a favorite author. I do find most of Dean Koontz's books madly addicting though.

I can say that when I was growing up RL Stine was my favorite author, lol. I have every Goosebumps book from the original Goosebump collection that came out including the special edition ones with that one that has light up red eyes on the cover. I also read his Fear Street stuff too.

:) I just could never part with it. I hope that Granite and Logan will read them when they get older, but I think it's going to one of those things that after Jason and I are gone and both of them go through our stuff that they are going to be like, "what the hell are we suppose to do with this. it's old!" lol.

Tracy Hickman and Margaret Weis! I also grew up on Dragonlance! (OMG CHRIS OMG!!!) It spawned a lot of my creative writing stories for my characters.

Rick Riordan. He's a young adult author (Percy Jackson and the lightning thief,etc) As much as I love the HP series I belive his series is just as well written, and hardly gets the attention it deserves.

Chuck Palahniuk. His books are mind fucks, love them.

Mo Willems. Yes, he writes for toddlers, yes I love those books.

I have to agree with Margaret Weis & Tracy Hickman , but I don't know if you've read Dragonlance recently. It doesn't quite have the pull it did when I was younger.

This is truth, but Tasslehoff and Flint will always have a place in my heart. lol

I love reading, I love writing. Favorites are very hard for me, so it would be easier to sum up in stages.

Preteen years

eric speed, terry brooks, piers anthony, harper lee, zsun tse, loyd alexander, asop, douglas adams, edgar alan poe, choose your own adventure books... Had 1 through 35 for the longest time... dont know what happened to them now.

Teen years

Asimov, heinlein, stephen r donaldson, jrr tolkein, jean m aul, louis lemore, madelein lengle, robert aspirin, grant naylor, dean koontz, micharl crighton, robert frost, freude, hg wells, jules verne, chaucer, andre norton, mercedes lackey, whoever wrote the shadowhawk comic books.

Adult years

Now as I progress through life I do gain new favorite authors, but I usually still like those from before.

Jk rowling, rick riordan, eoin coilfer, edgar rice burroughs, longfellow, terry goodkind, dean koontz, r.a. Salvatore, terry pratchet. probly more, just cant think of them... There's also books I really liked but didnt like the author like stephanie meyer and suzanne collins, but thsts another subject.

Archived