What are you currently reading?

Avahra

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I follow the three read through model as well. Usually wait a full 24 hours between reads too. I'll hit down ideas I have for various changes as the come to me (ALWAYS keep a small notepad and pen handy) and incorporate them in on subsequent reads. Getting ready to self publish on Amazon. Super scared but also damned excited.

Finished all of the Enders books. At least the four about his story specifically. Pretty good reads, but I was disappointed with the last book.

Just got my Kindle Paperwhite last night. Also got the last Wheel of Time book last night. Goin to have to start over though since I waited too long before starting the end of the series. Will probably buy the entire series again digitally and get going.

13741849.jpg

So I finished this today.

I was slightly disappointed. It was meh. From the books description it sounds like a really good fantasy novel, and I really wanted to like it a lot.It's the story of two magicians who are performing magic that is against the law that could get them killed.

However, I spent half of the book confused as to what was even going on. You have to wait until about midway to figure out what the fuck is happening. The characters to me were very lack luster, the only ones that stood out were the minor ones. The two main characters just blended together. The whole back story as to why they even had magic just didn't exist. The whole history of the world they lived in just didn't exist.

So you go through half the book trying to figure out wtf is going, then it just ends abruptly. There was a lot of missed opportunity to really flesh out the story and give it a lot of details but it wasn't there.

Whatever.

I wouldn't read the sequel.

Any updates spawn?

On one of my latest reads (Jeezuz I'm tired of reading this thing over and over), I noticed some issues and decided to add a couple more chapters. That's my main problem with anything I write...I eventually have to cut myself off and call it good, else I'll work on it forever.

On one of my latest reads (Jeezuz I'm tired of reading this thing over and over), I noticed some issues and decided to add a couple more chapters. That's my main problem with anything I write...I eventually have to cut myself off and call it good, else I'll work on it forever.

Lol, I have the same issues. Restarted "The Game" three times before I had to put it on the backburner to simmer while I work on "Johnny James and V.I.L.E ".

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

15743686.jpg I just finished this. I'm not even sure how it came into my posession but I'm really glad I read it. It's probably just me over analyzing but there were a lot of weird coincidences that really spoke to me in this book.

I think Spawn and Wyant should read it too, they'll likely understand.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm still reading the H. P. Lovecraft complete collection and now have only three short stories and a novella left.  I absolutely love his writing.  I just finished The Thing on The Doorstep.  That ending, so twisted.  I'm thinking next I'll have to start reading the Sherlock Holmes collection.

Archived