What are you currently reading?

Avahra

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

voice-by-joseph-garraty.jpg

This is without a doubt one of the best books I've read in a long time.It got me hooked with the prologue and begged me to not be put down.

It's got a mix of horror, rock n roll and just good story story telling.

After playing to dead rooms the local group Ragman starts to sky rocket to popularity., Their singer John, once a lousy off tune wreck is now delivering the best performances of his life. Except strange things start happening at their shows, lights go out, rooms go chill and people get violent. Really, violent.

As the group rises to fame it's members start to find that with fame, there is a price.

Working on World War Z, but I've slacking lately. After that I'm planning on reading Hitchhikers Guide, Hunger Games, and then I'll probably check out Ender's Game.

Hopefully I get there by the end of the month :)

I read em all 22 years ago too....just found the box in my moms back bedroom that had em and figured what the hell...lol

My mom has all of mine stashed in storage somewhere. One day I will fork up the money to have them shipped to me.

HHG and Enders are fantastic. Do not tell anyone you're reading Enders, though. They'll eventually spoil it for you.

Yeah, I've heard nothing but good about both.

I might read Enders sooner then, because I really don't want it spoiled :D

My mom has all of mine stashed in storage somewhere. One day I will fork up the money to have them shipped to me.

My mom constantly yells at me for my stuff at her place, but always tells me when she dies its mine. I just figure im saving the moving time later. Besides if my daughter can have a whole bedroom there i think a closet isnt alot to ask...haha

13402447.jpg Read this in one night. (12 hours of baby sitting) It was okay. Story of a girl who is the descendant of the brothers Grimm and has to survive the fairy tells to break some ancient curse. The plot idea isn't half bad it's execution was a little shaky. It had a lot of grammar flaws and you could tell it was self published. The story was alright, if a little predictable. I'll probably read the sequel.

The Spirit Master by Keisha Keenleyside

Still reading this one. I am loving the story and the characters, but it's in need of serious editing. I run into sentences with repeated words (then I went then I went), terrible typos, or just atrocious spelling. So, I have to stop and try and make sense of the part I just read until it makes sense to me. If the book was bad, I would have deleted it long ago. Since it is good, I torture myself trying to force it to make more sense. I'm such a glutton.

I run into this often with self published books.

Archived